Fender Supersonic incoming

AFKAEjay

Roadie
I had itch for a classic fender amp..so I was shopping for a drri..planning to mod it woth a loop cause I can’t go without one….when I spotted the Supersonic.
I never looked into that model untill now.
Clean channel probably a lot like the drri, but with a (promising) fat switch added, the drive channel sounds very promising on YT stuff…and its got an efx loop.
Drri chassis and powersection…I got a really good feeling about this.

Picking it up tommorow morning…

Pretty affordable on the used market compared to drri also btw

A buddy of mine gigs with a SuperSonic 22. Loves it. Has for years. Plays a good variety of blues and rock on it. I’d love to get a SS 60 or Prosonic myself.
For some reason the 60 doesn’t get the same amount of praise on “the internet”…whatever that’s worth ;)

Nice!!! I've always thought these looked cool. Surprised they aren't a bit more common.... heaven forbid fender puts out an amp with decent sounding drive channel I guess :LOL:

Nice!!! I've always thought these looked cool. Surprised they aren't a bit more common.... heaven forbid fender puts out an amp with decent sounding drive channel I guess :LOL:
They come in different looks…this one is a brown face…not sure if that’s cute or ugly ;)
Well…they have a few with good drivechannels imho…bassbreaker, twin amp are the ones I know of.

I’m not sure I wanna comment on this amp any further…I don’t want used prices to go up cause I may want a 2nd one ;)

For some reason the 60 doesn’t get the same amount of praise on “the internet”…whatever that’s worth ;)

I’ve played the 60 combo with a V30. I liked it. Cleans were Fender cleans albeit with the Celestion speaker. The drive channel was sweet. The dual cascaded gains was kinda like a more unruly Mark amp with its tone controls moved to post gain stages. More effective and not needing a GEQ as much. Not sure if this is similar to the Mesa DC series but all the same it was a killer amp. I’d love a SS60 head. I know what the internet says but I also know what I played.

Anyway..,I freakin love this amp!!

Hyperboles like “this is my sound”…”look mama I sound like RF”…”best amp I ever played”…”I’ll be taking this one to the grave”…

…that kinda vibe ;)

Both the clean as well as the drive channel are a bulls eye for me, looks cool, size/weight are ok. Love the fat knob on the cleans, drive channel sounds like what I think a dumble would do (2nd gain knob = “how much dumble sauce do you prefer sir?”…not that I ever played one offcourse ;) Weird that this amp is so under the radar…

I hope the QC can capture the preamp / whole amp well….else I’m back to 4cm set up and building something to midiswitch those channels ;)

Yeah my friend raves about his 22 which he’s run wet/dry with his Blackjack 21. Loves both. You got a great amp.

Well…I decided to mess up my “amp plan”..and made an offer on its bigger brother…which was accepted.
2 of my current amps just got listed ;)

The collection will be:
Superchamp x2 (modded with poweramp in)
Supersonic 22
Supersonic 60
Blackstar stJames (when I need to travel light)

I’m gonna list poweramps and cabs also…these will have to do if Stevie Wonder or Taylor Swift finally call me for a gig ;)

Back