Fender Super Bowl blunder

ChordInversion

Groupie
For those who saw the half time show, H.E.R. was part of the performance. She has a signature model Strat with Fender, and she was indeed playing one such model. But the one she had was in a freaking awesome looking brand new Chrome Red finish with an anodized black pickguard. I know the finish name because Fender put a video of it being delivered to her on their social media. I went to their website on game night, thinking they would absolutely have it ready for at least pre-order (they're no dummies). Nothing. I waited a couple of days, called them yesterday, and they said it's a one-off color. No version of that model for sale in that color. No use of that color on other models. No adding that color and pickguard to the Mod Shop as options.

They had a free ad that reached 120 million people, had an endorser with her own signature model on stage, and they are not going to get any sales from it. Hilarious.

8fueq4.jpg

Some women I know in a local band here tried Fender on chat on their website. Reps were nice, but were non-committal, telling them to "watch our socials!" to see if they ever decide, at some point, maybe, to sell the guitar they got to advertise to the world for free. A paint job and a pickguard, and they're treating it like they need to file a patent and build a whole new facility.

I was mistaken. On this front, they are absolutely dummies. If they were publicly traded, shareholders would be justified in being livid.

Last edited:
I think Usher is the last of the R&B greats who is forced to show off how good of a dancer he is more than show how much of a great SINGER he is.

"Yeah" is one of my first go-to riffs on any guitar synth :sofa:love

Back