Explain Les Paul Models

In my experience there are no bad Gibson pickups, their guitars can be left stock if you're not picky.
I've swapped my good share of pups form my Gibsons but that's only because it's nice to explore different things.

My oldest Gibson, a 1991 SG, came with the usual 490/498T but through the years I've put an ibanez ceramic in bridge position (I know, I know...), a pair of Gibson 57, a pair of Gibson P94 (loved these except for the noise) and now has a pair of Gibson 59 Tributes the I've took from a Les Paul Traditional I had years ago. I like these 59 a lot in this guitar.

My buddy has an old Studio with an ebony board and a REALLY tiny neck, it‘s the only other Les Paul I’ve played that I wanted to own. But it felt like a toy in comparison to his LPC. If I’m going to get a Les Paul, I want to get a big, chunky motherf*cker that feels like I’m playing a Les Paul and the LPC is just wear it’s at.

I was thiiiiiissssss close to getting an older Silverburst last fall but the Adam Jones sig caused all the prices to skyrocket on any Silverburst, so I got 4 other guitars instead.
My LPC is a '79 left-handed silverburst.

1668697161815.png

Back