EVH 5150iii Love Thread

texhex

Roadie
I still love this original 5150iii 50W. Yeah the S models are fancier and have more gain, but hit the original Blue channel with a Tube Screamer and it fukn' sings, even at all noon on the controls.
I'm kinda considering a 5150iii S 100W EL34 (or a 2555x :bag) if I can find a good deal on one.

Post up ya 5150iii beauties if you got em' !

ixxqD6t.jpeg

It is hands down the best 50w amp for gigging period. Mine is Kruse modded 6l6 modded to stealth specs but I only use the power section lol. I might use the front end too at some point but I've been super happy going into the fx return w my helix for a few years now.

Killer stack of amps there. What year is your SFDR? Mid 70s? I have a 78 that is killer.

It’s a 76, I bought it from MC of Hiss Golden Messenger, was his main touring amp for a couple years. has some light mods from super fine amps in Durham. I got in touch with the guy to find out more detail on them, has a some sort of mid knob on the back, and a few changes he called “grey face-ing” it. Sweet amp!!

Truely a modern day workhorse.
Modern at heart.
If that’s what you’re looking for, the Stealth is tough to beat.

IMG_6554.jpeg

I get more impressed with this amp every time I use it in a different location. It just always sounds fucking great. Red channel settings were where I had it in the rehearsal room through a 1960A 4x12 last weekend, straight in/no boost and it was nearly my perfect metal tone.

The blue channel volume knob crumbled in my hand one day, I ordered some black replacement knobs this week but when I got home I saw the neighbor’s wonderchildren had ripped the package all to shit in the area in front of my apartment and I couldn’t find the knobs. 2nd Ring cam ordered just to watch my front door from now on.

I’m still going for a JP2C, but I have a hunch I’ll end up with a 100 watt EVH at some point. The lack of MIDI is what’s making me skip right over it for the JP.

View attachment 23857

I get more impressed with this amp every time I use it in a different location. It just always sounds fucking great. Red channel settings were where I had it in the rehearsal room through a 1960A 4x12 last weekend, straight in/no boost and it was nearly my perfect metal tone.

The blue channel volume knob crumbled in my hand one day, I ordered some black replacement knobs this week but when I got home I saw the neighbor’s wonderchildren had ripped the package all to shit in the area in front of my apartment and I couldn’t find the knobs. 2nd Ring cam ordered just to watch my front door from now on.

I’m still going for a JP2C, but I have a hunch I’ll end up with a 100 watt EVH at some point. The lack of MIDI is what’s making me skip right over it for the JP.
That's gonna look sweet with black knobs.

Back