Ever played on too small a stage?

Achilles

Rock Star
Stop complaining! Bonham fit his gong - you can fit your Helix floor.

425828473_366256499502881_6600020168848265852_n.jpg

:giggle:

Hahahah I’ve played a whole bunch of gigs where my pedalboard sat onstage and I was either in front of it or off to the side. :rofl

In my old band the drummer was a Peart freak and had a 17 piece set.
Played a number of gigs with me and the bass player standing on the dance floor in front of the stage.

Before I played guitar, I was the singer/accordion player in a comedy satire band in middle/early high school. We played a youth pool hall which the stage was a 8x8 plywood base raised off the ground by red bricks. Our CCR parody Bathroom on the Right was a hit because we were right next to the bathroom...

Haha yea we get down.

Piss Ant from IN were really, really good a couple weeks ago. We have Cold Case from TX up on Friday and then Luca from Chicago in 2 weeks.

I need to figure out filming and recording these shows and get a YouTube going.

I have played on more stages that were cramped than I care to admit. Heck, I have played in places where there wasn't even a stage. We were setup on the floor and were at the same level as the audience many times as well. A gig is a gig.

In one band I was in we had a new bass player and we had a gig in a place with no stage. We were setup off to one side of the room. All he did was bitch about how he doesn't play gigs at places that can't even provide a stage. This went on all night. That was his first and last gig with the band.

Too small: Have to check first before pivoting your headstock more than a 90 degree turn.

Nice and comfy: You can do a full 360 without even thinking about it.

:beer

Ever notice how Zep never used monitor wedges along the front of the stage? You wonder how they could hear themselves.....

Look at the freaking size of the three cabs they had hanging from the rigging on each side and right behind Bonham! :oops:

1710512338581.png

With everyone getting wasted all the time you wonder why there weren't more accidents with the rigging back then!
How much weight you figure they had hanging over their heads?

Last edited:
Back