Ever pay more than you probably should for a pedal, but still got a decent deal?

The original API Tranzformer GT is the most I've spent on a pedal. Still have and love it. It packs some nice features for the price though. My BK tube drivers would be 2nd as far as cost I think.

Thanks man, I love gear with a story behind it. The crazy thing is that it's the best fuzz I have, and it's BC108 trannies. Defies internet logic, but its even sweeter than my Ge Sunface, which is amazing in its own right.

I get it. Best fuzzface I ever owned was a BC108 Sunface.

I paid today’s equivalent of $750 for the Vox Tonelab SE when it first came out in 2003 or 2004. I got 15 years out of that pedal being the centerpiece of my rig. I always thought the price was a bit steep, but in retrospect it was a good return on investment.

Hmm. Probably these:

EHX Poly Chorus & Micro Synth:

Each was about 300€ when I bought them (new) back in the way early 2000's, directly at a local shop. Even by today's standards, 300€ for a single pedal is steep to me, but I honestly had no idea at the time, and I just had to get them. :D
Glad I did, of course. They're real classics, and although both are in "wacky" condition by now, have served me well for almost two decades.

Fulltone Ultimate Octave:

I forgot which year I bought that one, probably around 2007 or 2008. Total impulse buy + a tad expensive (200€?), yet worth it if you're a big QOTSA nerd. I have several octave fuzzes (HBE UFO and WA Foxy Tone Box...), and the Fulltone UO has a voicing of its own. Differences are negligible, but they're there. Since it's a Fulltone, as soon as you use the wrong PSU, it starts to flip you off and swear at you in southern slurs. :p

I paid $300 something for a Tru Tron 3x when they first came out. I later sold it for $500.

They're currently going for $2-3k :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

One of my biggest gear mistakes. And not even because I wish I still had it to sell for that much. It was just an amazing pedal. Oh well my micro tron IV gets me most of the way there

I had quite a few I clearly didn't hang onto long enough so I could have taken advantage of
inflated prices down the road. :whistle

Back