Enjoy laughing at modern day Bruce

Bruce

Shredder
Seeing how Drew posted a cringe video, here’s my cringe submission today.
I know I’m not mixing David Coverdale or John Sykes here, but I wanted to post this for anyone into production who may enjoy seeing a raw, 2 track live video and its subsequent edits.
All in, I have about 20 hours into this. I think my video editing skills are my weakest link and I need to get better at it.

Some production notes:
Replaced vocals with Townsend L22 mic. Used GAP compressors on all vocals.
Drums are largely Slate trigger. I played the ride cymbal in superior as its inaudible in the original.
Bass didn’t change much. Just a few fx.
I played the melodic keyboard in the choruses as it was missing in the keyboard track we use. Roland Cloud keyboard had a great sound.

Reverb is mostly UAD Capitol chamber.

SSL Bus plus opened this up AMAZINGLY. This thing is living on my mixbus forever. It sounds like the room is 3x the size now.

Other than that, ask anything I didn’t cover.

Oh yea. Original video guitars are all axeFX. Produced guitars are an SLO100, the lead only is axeFX.

Last edited:
Sounds great!!! I dig what you guys are doing…
Happy Friday Night GIF by Sam Omo

Great job on the mix! Really pops the vox/instr plus much better imaging.

Super jealous of your SSL bus plus… I’m just trying to understand the basics here.

I’ve taken my week one song and remix that utilizing what I’ve learned watching modern DAWs in the last four weeks. I’ll post it in a day or so for critique. Desperate to learn!

Great job on the mix! Really pops the vox/instr plus much better imaging.

Super jealous of your SSL bus plus… I’m just trying to understand the basics here.

I’ve taken my week one song and remix that utilizing what I’ve learned watching modern DAWs in the last four weeks. I’ll post it in a day or so for critique. Desperate to learn!
Just ran a mix for a friend of mine thru the bus plus in mid side. The result was dramatic! Post your mix and tag me if you can.

Yes, your improvements on the mix make a huge difference, nice job! Also, great guitar playing, sounded killer. :beer

Just ran a mix for a friend of mine thru the bus plus in mid side. The result was dramatic! Post your mix and tag me if you can.

Will do… I may paste up what I have and then see what happens when you touch it.

I’ll pm you here in a day or two Bruce. Much appreciated!

if you cost me to buy one of those ssl things I’m taking out of your ass. lol

(FYI, I haven’t done any mistake correction, other than moving 2 bass notes in the first measure to be on the kick. The recording process was a complete mess just recording everything wet in layers. I’ll do it much differently next time.)

Back