Embarrassing pile of gear riches. I still want more.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Despite having the HX Stomp and its character rich, "marvelous as long as you don't want to dial the character out" delays and the FM with pretty much a studio full of rackmount goodness baked inside and both with KILLER drive selections; I still want a Grid Slammer, Dynaplex, an ElCap V2, MXR M300 and Eventide Micropitch.

And some sort of loop switching system :brick:chef

Blake Shelton Thank You GIF by E!

Despite having the HX Stomp and its character rich, "marvelous as long as you don't want to dial the character out" delays and the FM with pretty much a studio full of rackmount goodness baked inside and both with KILLER drive selections; I still want a Grid Slammer, Dynaplex, an ElCap V2, MXR M300 and Eventide Micropitch.

Don't forget HXrack + Control as the perfect "MIDI controller" for all of that stuff.

I hear ya man, this is entirely why my FM9 rig isn’t “done” with all the wiring neatly tied into place. I think I might just make an auxiliary board that has all the pedal stuff I want while keeping the FM9 independent. Everything I want to add is going front of the preamp anyway and then I’ll have a separate board I can use with an amp.

It’s a blessing and a curse to have so many options out there, ya get the top of the line thing and still know about other stuff that would be great to go along with it!

bro i wanna buy this for you but i am le poor. i feel like this was built for you and you would make it sound amazing.

That's definitely something nutso :eek:

If I were to ever get a vintage guitar synth piece; it would be this one:
kqmqxnainmmmeyaoxqhs.jpg

I hear ya man, this is entirely why my FM9 rig isn’t “done” with all the wiring neatly tied into place. I think I might just make an auxiliary board that has all the pedal stuff I want while keeping the FM9 independent. Everything I want to add is going front of the preamp anyway and then I’ll have a separate board I can use with an amp.

It’s a blessing and a curse to have so many options out there, ya get the top of the line thing and still know about other stuff that would be great to go along with it!
I just ordered this to throw on my "pedal board".

Plan is still a little bit of a work in progress. But the point is to have a fairly compact means of "conveniently" reorganizing how my pedals and FM3 integrate with the loops of the Helix Rack.

I dig this.
Current plan:

Helix send 1 to Top1 jack; Bottom1 jack to FM3 input. That will have send 1 of Helix going to FM3 input if I don't connect anything to either Top1 or Bottom1 on the "user" side of the patchbay. If I want to run some pedals in front of the FM3, I can patchbthem in between Top1 and Bottom1. If I want to plug directly into FM3 and just use the Helix as a "normal" audio interface for capturing analog outputs of the FM3, I can plug my guitar straight into Bottom1 and bypass the Helix input altogether.

FM3 stereo out goes back to Helix return 1 and 2.

Helix Send 3 goes to top 2. Helix send 4 goes to top 3. Helix return 3 goes to Bottom 2. Helix return 4 goes to Bottom 3. I can patch pedals into these as wanted - either as a single stereo chain/loop, or as separate mono chains/loops.

I need to check how the aux input and front panel input work on the rack. Assuming they both use the impedance circuitry and the front panel input acts as an over-ride, I THINK I will have my G10 wireless going into aux in on back of rack, and Bottom4 of patchbay wired to front jack. If I need variable input impedance just plug a cable into Bottom 4 of patch bay, or if I wanna run pedals in front of Helix, plug guitar into first pedal and pedal output into Bottom4..

I think I should probably get to a point where the pedals are in a pretty steady configuration amongst themselves and all I have to do is disconnect/connect things at the patchbay, and maybe connect/disconnect cable at front panel input of Helix.

I'm really sick of guitar cables on floor and want to get back to using the G10 unless I really NEED a cable (20% of time, max).

I just ordered this to throw on my "pedal board".

Plan is still a little bit of a work in progress. But the point is to have a fairly compact means of "conveniently" reorganizing how my pedals and FM3 integrate with the loops of the Helix Rack.

This is exactly what I’m referring to when I said I haven’t “finished” my FM9 board yet; I want a breakout box for everything coming into/off the board so I’m not using the jacks on the FM9 nonstop. I’ve considered just asking LA Sound Design make one with everything I’ll ever need, 2 XLR’s, and a few TRS jacks, maybe even a USB port. I just need to figure out exactly what I want to do with the board, first.

This is exactly what I’m referring to when I said I haven’t “finished” my FM9 board yet; I want a breakout box for everything coming into/off the board so I’m not using the jacks on the FM9 nonstop. I’ve considered just asking LA Sound Design make one with everything I’ll ever need, 2 XLR’s, and a few TRS jacks, maybe even a USB port. I just need to figure out exactly what I want to do with the board, first.
Yeah, I'd been thinking about making/ordering a custom one but then in a fit of New Years office/studio decluttering I ordered this one and a similarly sized and priced one with 3 XLR pairs (for mic pre on back of Helix Rack) because I know myself well enough to know "custom" of any kind is going to take 6 months or more to get around to, and won't be a significant improvement :)

Yeah, I'd been thinking about making/ordering a custom one but then in a fit of New Years office/studio decluttering I ordered this one and a similarly sized and priced one with 3 XLR pairs (for mic pre on back of Helix Rack) because I know myself well enough to know "custom" of any kind is going to take 6 months or more to get around to, and won't be a significant improvement :)

You’re not wrong about that at all!

that ain't much. :)

don't worry...you don't have anywhere near an issue.

Back