Eggs Benedict

I make a killer Eggs Benedict. I do my Hollandaise in a blender and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I don't make it that often, so I wrote down my steps and adjusted them for timing (like drew mentioned, cuz it can be tricky), so now all I have to do is reread my recipe when I haven't made it in a while.

If anybody wants:

Eggs Benedict 5-27-18

(recipe may still need slight adjustments, but should work for 8 servings)

Groceries & Utensils Needed

• Eggs, dozen large, fresh
  • Lemons, 2
  • Canadian Bacon, package of 8
  • Vinegar, white
  • Butter sticks, unsalted, 2
  • English Muffins, Thomas’ 6-pack
  • Salt
  • Blender
  • Measuring spoons
  • Slotted spoon
  • 12” saucepan, small pan, skillet or griddle (if Canadian Bacon isn’t pre-cooked)

Prep

• Cut 2 lemons in half and squeeze juice into a small cup or glass and pick out the seeds.
  • Canadian Bacon:
  • If the Canadian bacon is the kind that’s already cooked, then open the package and set on a plate in microwave.
  • If not pre-cooked, then use a griddle or skillet, and cook them.
  • Cut English muffins in half on a plate, with knife & butter near toaster
  • Crack 4 egg yolks into blender
  • Heat 1-1/4 stick of butter on low heat, and skim off the solids.

Poached Eggs

• Bring large saucepan 2/3 full (couple of inches) of water to boil.
  • Add 2 ts white vinegar & bring to boil again.
  • Lower heat to barely a simmer (just a few bubbles coming from bottom of pan.)
  • About this time, toast 2 English muffins and microwave Canadian Bacon for about a minute
  • Set phone timer to 4 minutes, but don’t start the timer yet.
  • Crack an egg into a small cup or bowl, then place it close to the water’s surface and very slowly and gently slip it into the water.
  • Push any stray whites toward the yolks, then place the next egg, working clockwise around the pan.
  • Turn off the heat, cover, and start the timer.

Blender Hollandaise

• Add 1 tbs lemon juice & ½ ts salt to egg yolks and blend on medium for ~ 25 seconds.
  • VERY slowly pour in the butter while starting and stopping the blender.

Assembly

Butter muffins, top with Canadian Bacon, poached egg when timer goes off, & hollandaise. EAT

I forgot to mention that I had a job as a cook many years ago at a place that had Eggs Benedict on the menu. That was where I learned how to make it. I decided to make it for myself to see how it tastes. That was it. I was hooked.

It isn't? No French-Canadian ties? You no play the Hockey?? :LOL:

I’ve got French-Canadian ties and even some blood but it’s all on my mother’s side. We’ve found some definite French spellings of it, but the best we can gather is it started in England. My ancestry shows alllllll my DNA originating between Sweden and England, with a pinch in the Quebec area. It’s basically Irish, Pirate, Viking, in that order. And no wonder why I enjoy cocktails!

Back