Do Something - Season Three - Week Six (Pack)

Whelp, missed the deadline.

I did a lot of mixing to my track and finalized the verse lyrics yesterday, but still am at a loss for the chorus lyrics.

I could have posted the update, but everyone would be hearing pretty much the same thing as last week and that's boring.

Great job this week guys! I loved all the entries

As I mentioned earlier, I had mixed this all in headphones, and totally missed all the low frequencies coming out of proper speakers/drivers.

Sounded great in iPod pros … fwtw… 🙄

Ok, using this plug on the final buss, post-processing I can judge my mix against tons of ML EQ curves in the box (or references)

Then, I tie the tool to the 1st dynamic EQ in Ozone10. I fiddled w a few things until the bass was “in the zone”.

(This is actually rather similar to what I thought @Whizzinby was doing manually with ozone dialing in the EQ on the final buss)

IMG_2267.jpeg

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, I had mixed this all in headphones, and totally missed all the low frequencies coming out of proper speakers/drivers.

Sounded great in iPod pros … fwtw… 🙄

Ok, using this plug on the final buss, post-processing I can judge my mix against tons of ML EQ curves in the box (or references)

Then, I tie the tool to the 1st dynamic EQ in Ozone10. I fiddled w a few things until the bass was “in the zone”.

(This is actually rather similar to what I thought @Whizzinby was doing manually with ozone dialing in the EQ on the final buss)

View attachment 10309

Definitely got more of the lower frequencies in there this time. Right at 1:20 on that Filtered ARP I could hear that on the crescendo, much more than the previous mixes. Bass popped better as well.(y)

What’s the deadline for this? Was going to throw something together on Monday but it sounds like maybe that’s too late to start?

When does the next one start?
It sounds like a lot of the submissions are rock based, would I be out of place by submitting something more in the pop realm? Admittedly, rock is more guitar driven so I understand why that’s most popular for this. Should these submissions be mostly guitar focused? Just want to make sure I’m submitting something yall will enjoy!

What’s the deadline for this? Was going to throw something together on Monday but it sounds like maybe that’s too late to start?

It sounds like a lot of the submissions are rock based, would I be out of place by submitting something more in the pop realm? Admittedly, rock is more guitar driven so I understand why that’s most popular for this. Should these submissions be mostly guitar focused? Just want to make sure I’m submitting something yall will enjoy!
By my time zone you have another 1hr 30min to go! Next thread will most likely be posted early tomorrow.

I've posted RnB, Rap and electronic covers/songs.

Pop is fine; any genre 😎

Next round starts today

Back