Do not buy Sonarworks Reference ID!

Another vote for Slate VSX. They really do something amazing
Seems quite different from Sonarworks. Correct me if I am wrong but the Slate VSX is basically a set of headphones with room correction to make it sound like you are mixing in a specific room with specific speakers? Novel idea for sure.

Seems quite different from Sonarworks. Correct me if I am wrong but the Slate VSX is basically a set of headphones with room correction to make it sound like you are mixing in a specific room with specific speakers? Novel idea for sure.
That is correct. Not only rooms, but cars and different lo fi mediums like a boombox and wireless earbuds.

I can’t rave about these things enough. Best investment in a long time for my desk.

In any case I got a refund from Sonarworks so their support is at least reasonable. If they ever fix the software I might be interested in it again. Not holding my breath though.

In any case EqualizerAPO with Peace GUI that supports AutoEQ curves is going to work well enough for me for headphones correction on Windows. Planning to buy SoundSource for MacOS for the same purpose.

Will probably use my Sonarworks Reference 4 license to make room corrections for my Genelec studio monitors and then make IRs or EQ correction curves for those rather than use the Sonarworks software.

Back