Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

Hi Digital Igloo and gear forumers.
Some on tgp forum are speculating about Helix "Big 4.0"update. I know it's the game since Helix release.
Source : https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/page-3704
I just wonder, even if I know you are not the genie in the lamp (and "Three thousand years of longing" was a great movie to me), if • a talkbox and a vocoder (for Helix floor board) is about to be released, and if • a sequencer controller with pattern editor (à la Adrenalinn) is on the way ? (First point will justify the mic input and seduce a lot of singers and fans of talkboxes (for Roger Troutman and Peter Frampton tones), and second point an Adrenalinn like sequencer would be great). Thank you (sorry for loooong sentences, many french frogs like me just can't keep it simple).
At one point I would wax poetic on all things future plans but we learned select competitors pay attention to my pointless ramblings so now all I'm allowed to say is "we can't talk about future plans." :confused:

Have mentioned this before, but our engineering team is bigger than it's been in over a decade, so we're certainly not sitting on our hands. That said, 3.80 is going to be a relatively small update, but it'll make a few vocal people very happy.

This Will Destroy You is fantastic. If These Trees Could Talk and Russian Circles are another couple cool post rock/metal bands.

Someone after a gig last year told me that we reminded them of If These Trees Could talk and it was one of my favorite compliments ever. I don't think we sound like them at all but I'd be lying if I said they weren't an influence lol

Sigh... "Vocal" as is insatiable.
Someone after a gig last year told me that we reminded them of If These Trees Could talk and it was one of my favorite compliments ever. I don't think we sound like them at all but I'd be lying if I said they weren't an influence lol
Oh man, it's impossible to completely purge yourself of your influences. An A&R rep at my sister's company listened to my record and asked her if I'd heard of the band Curve. She responded "yeah, it's been his favorite band since college."

Is there a chance there'll ever be a portable stereo HX unit like the Yamaha THR or the Positive Grid Spark? I've got a full-fat Helix and two 12" co-axial floor wedges, but a tidy portable unit for back-room pub sessions with acoustics, ukes, banjos and keyboards would be wonderful.

Last edited:
Hi @Digital Igloo, since Helix has been out for while now, any chance Helix Control or maybe the FBV 3 floorboard could get an update for Sysex messages over USB?

Is there an amp or effect you would like to see modeled that isn’t yet in the Helix?
Oh yes.

That's one of 'em, yeah.

Is there a chance there'll ever be a portable stereo HX unit like the Yamaha THR or the Positive Grid Spark? I've got a full-fat Helix and two 12" co-axial floor wedges, but a tidy portable unit for back-room pub sessions with acoustics, ukes, banjos and keyboards would be wonderful.
That's sort of Yamaha's domain, and I don't think either of us would want to step on each other's toes. I could maybe imagine a POD-branded solution at that price point, however. Consumer-level products don't really scream "Helix" or "HX" IMO.

By the way, Positive Grid's Spark is basically what the future of AMPLIFi might've have looked like had we not made a bunch of terrible decisions (and/or had horrible luck) back then. PG was smart enough to read between the lines with AMPLIFi, took the ball, and ran with it. Can't hate 'em for prognosticating; it's been a wildly popular line for them.

Hi @Digital Igloo, since Helix has been out for while now, any chance Helix Control or maybe the FBV 3 floorboard could get an update for Sysex messages over USB?
That's totally in my wheelhouse, but SysEx is generally beyond the vast majority of guitarists. Hell, it's beyond the vast majority of studio synthesists these days. I figure if they can't figure out the proper definitions of "hook," "beat," or "stems," they'll never get SysEx. Get off my lawn!

That said, its implementation is designed (entering hex strings from Helix/HX hardware isn't exactly ideal), but admittedly, it's pretty far down the list.

So will I.

COMPLETE MULTITRACKS ARE NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE "STEMS." The number of mixing sessions completely ruined by the misuse of this term is formidable.
Tell it to the judge!

1708377791916.png

1708377813555.png

:rofl

So will I.

COMPLETE MULTITRACKS ARE NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE "STEMS." The number of mixing sessions completely ruined by the misuse of this term is formidable.
I might be wrong but I always understood stems to be a stereo mixdown of a group of tracks within a full project. Like just the drums for instance. These days people send me their performances (individual vox passes for instance) and they're calling them stems. I dunno now.

Back