Digital action gauges

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I got this one from Philadelphia Luthiery https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/luthier-tools/measuring-tools/digital-nut-slotting-gauge/

Its great for heavier and bass strings, but the plunger system is too heavy for 10's and lower. I tried some mods to make it lighter, but wondering if someone makes a better one. Especially something with a much wider bass (scalloped fretboards make this a bit tricky , so a wider base would be awesome

Has anyone tried the stewmac one? People are saying the LMI version is way too heavy for 11's

I see a lot of people use feeler guages, but I havent really seen any thick enough and sticking multiples together is pretty inaccurate. Anyone know a source for like 0.75mm, 1.0mm and 1.25mm?

Those were my weapon of choice until I started wearing glasses. I just bought a knockoff optivizor and now it’s getting useful again. But holy hell the digital gauge is still miles beyond. On heavy strings.

Yeah, my eyes aren't what they once were, either. Definitely need lots of light AND my glasses, then I get by ok. For now :grin

Back