Diamond Pedals are back today!

jellodog

Rock Star
As of this morning in Canada, Diamond Pedals are back.

Well... sorta. It's not the exact same company and people.

SolidGoldFX (Montreal) purchased the Diamond pedal brand and intellectual rights from Polyblend Inc - the parent company of Diamond pedals. I like the SGFX guys anyway, so I'm still interested in this.

I'm tempted to pick up a Memory Lane without hearing it. Don't judge!

EDIT: There's a video now. Liking the sound of the delay.

diamond.jpg

Last edited:
Always wondered about this brand. Seemed to be good stuff but I wasn't in pedal buying mode when they were active.

Always wondered about this brand. Seemed to be good stuff but I wasn't in pedal buying mode when they were active.

I just sold my Diamond Comp Jr after 7 years use. It was an excellent pedal. Solid. But I fancied a change (Suhr Woodshed). Always wanted to try a Memory Lane variant, though.

The comp and the trem were good. I own a clone of the comp and a friend had the trem. Always heard good things about the memory lane too. Cool to see them available again.

D

I'm wondering if the Memory Lane reboot can handle a boosted signal like my Halo and v2 El Cap (they can take line level) 🤔

I've shot SGFX a message.

Good news concerning the headroom of the reborn Memory Lane. I just got an email from Greg at Diamond. I'm sure he won't mind me repeating the meat of his reply here:

the Memory Lane is equipped with a companding circuit that will compress and expand the signal into the delay based on the input and has a high headroom burr brown input buffer and mix stage. You should be good and to be double sure, i just slammed a ML with a Comp at maximum output and gain - the amp distorted before the delay.

Super pleased to read this. The pedal will be delivered within the next few hours.

Haha! That Afghan Kush I smoked last night was some of the best marijuana I have smoked in my entire life. "

Oh dear oh dear. Wringing my hands and SMH. Don't you know the dangers man!? 😱

Reefer_Madness_(1936).jpg

tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut

Last edited:
Good news concerning the headroom of the reborn Memory Lane. I just got an email from Greg at Diamond. I'm sure he won't mind me repeating the meat of his reply here:

Super pleased to read this. The pedal will be delivered within the next few hours.

That's good to hear. The only digital delay/verb I ever had an issue with headroom on was the Dispatch Master.

Oh dear oh dear. Wringing my hands and SMH. Don't you know the dangers man!? 😱

View attachment 7396

tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut

I have been deep diving into social/political/cultural history of Cannabis and it is so interesting.... and depressing....
and uplifting. A few great books on the topic. Love reading about the history of things and how we choose to ignore
most of it. :LOL:

The Pot Propaganda has been thick, and still is in some place/states/nations.

Excited to hear this news. Had the yellow compresor for years, great cluck. I only have a ML Jr at this point, but its my favorite DMM clone.

Gotta admit tho, its a bummer seeing the layouts. I can't do double switch on a vertical1590A or BB style enclosure. My feets are too big. :cry:

Back