Darth Vader - RIP

RIP. 93.

Always loved his acting!
Can't help but remember him in Conan. :grin

4b37d8_b6e2f0dd15f54cbda04316deac98402a~mv2.jpg

RIP Legend!

Here is some fun data from an article I just read:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When director George Lucas was searching for a bass voice for Darth Vader as he was casting Star Wars (1977), he reportedly considered Orson Welles but felt his voice might be too recognizable. So he called Jones’ agent and asked if the actor would like a day’s work.

Jones got a flat fee of $7,000 for the job and did not acknowledge that he was the voice of Darth Vader until the third film in the franchise.

Once, while traveling cross-country, Jones broke out his Darth Vader voice on the CB radio scanner. “The truck drivers would really freak out — for them, it was Darth Vader. I had to stop doing that,” he told The New York Times magazine.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:
Damn, he was such a staple in movies as far as I can remember. It was never too long before a trailer would come out with him in it, it seems. RIP.

Man, I was thinking 1 every year or two, but that dude was pretty much just in trailers all year long for a good few years. :rofl

Crazy to realize he played Admiral Greer in just as many movies as Darth Vader (bits in later SW films not counting)

Hunt for Red October has got to be top 5 for everyone.

And story! The suspense during pretty much the whole thing is nuts.
Um...as a former Jonesy, I have annoyed so many people during this movie.

Aside from a couple things, surprisingly accurate on items that were at least secret at the time.

We watched this during my A school, and other associated schools....while in your neck of the woods.

Absolutely amazing film. Totally agree, top 5 of all time.

Back