Daredevil: 2015 series

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
As the new MCU/Disney+ series is now announced, we should all take the time to enjoy (for the fourth time, myself) this masterpiece of television. Whilst the other Netflix series were more varied in quality, Daredevil F'ing ruled. Charlie Cox as Murdock/DD and D'Onofrio as Fisk is the finest casting ever done in a comic book adaption, period. Hell, I'd say even Elden Henson was perfect for Foggy, both for his individual performance, and the chemistry with Cox displaying Murdock and Nelson's brotherhood.

Watch it.

I am torn on this. It's great because Charlie Cox. I'd take Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin over D'Onfornio mainly because D'Onforio's dialog was terrible most of the time. I hate the name Foggy. And to a degree; the actor playing the character. And there are times when it is longwinded AF. I think those "me being overanalytical and picky" observations aside; it's a great show. Most of the Marvel shows suffered from these problems.

I actually like the Affleck version as well :bag

Props as well to Bernthal as Punisher. (More than a little) meatheaded but excellent portrayal.

I actually like Thomas Jane's portrayal as well :bag

You’re outta your mind with MCD better than D’Onofrio! :LOL: The latter is a deep, complex and tormented soul who chose the wrong path, as opposed to DD’s righteous one.

There’s a point to it all though. Fisk thinks he’s right. He thinks he’s doing the right thing.
I get it. It just one of his character tics that I don't like. Same with Bernthal's Punisher where he's saying "Yeh" in that weird huffy meathead voice all the time.

I get it. It just one of his character tics that I don't like. Same with Bernthal's Punisher where he's saying "Yeh" in that weird huffy meathead voice all the time.
I agree with the "Yeh" thing, but Bernthal was awfully damn good too. While I like Jane, I think Bernthal more effectively captured Castle's angst. However, I will say the second season was so dreadfully boring, I didn't even finish it.

I agree with the "Yeh" thing, but Bernthal was awfully damn good too. While I like Jane, I think Bernthal more effectively captured Castle's angst. However, I will say the second season was so dreadfully boring, I didn't even finish it.
All these shows could have benefited from tightening up the story arcs. I am not a comic fan so I am coming from maybe a different direction than a lot of people who watch these? I can't remember if we chatted about this on GGF ever; but have you seen Dirty Laundry with Jane? That would have been a great, MUCH grittier take on the Punisher with him in it. Too bad he never branched out with it.

Goddamn, Jive. The montage of them all getting arrested, with the opera dude singing. Chills.

EDIT

Scratch that. The whole damn season 1 finale is masterful. Fisk. Murdock. Damn dude. I so love DD. Sort of Marvel’s twist on Batman, but I think in a lot of ways, better.

Last edited:
Back