Cold Chisel and The Cruel Sea

Aelred

Roadie
I am hoping to score tickets tomorrow for what may well be the last Rock concert I ever go to. I'm getting old (60 when the show is on) and the bands are older, so if this is the last one it should be epic. I've seen both bands before many times and they always deliver live.

Well, the guys in the bands still with us have always delivered. Charley Drayton has been wonderful for Chisel since Steve Prestwich passed on.

Cold Chisel and The Cruel Sea. A good way to say goodbye to live rock music, if it turns out to be so.

Logged on to the ticket website on Monday, tickets on sale Tuesday at 13:00. I clicked at 13:00:01. or 02 at the most.

Sold out.

Kinda fitting that advances in digital technology (I work in IT) would ruin my IRL experience of life and Rock music. I used to see lots of concerts when paper tickets and lining up were the tech. But there were also lots of bands.

Very, very bummed.

Oh God, another carrot dangling...

They moved the show to a larger venue and added more tickets - another glimmer of hope I expect to be dashed soon.

My apologies for the diary of expectations. I really would love to see these guys one last time.

Back