Clips: SUF Astoria, Vibrolux, Strat, IRs

greatmutah

Roadie
I thought I’d have some fun and put my Astoria to tape. For those unaware, it’s a meticulously crafted Ram’s Head Muff cloned from a Ram’s Head that belonged to one Pete Cornish and it may have also belonged to David Gilmour. So I decided to take that pedal, my Strat and my Vibrolux normal channel to get some cool sounds. Using my 8 ohm Captor so there’s a one step impedance mismatch, but I don’t have the amp fully cranked. Volume is 5, treble 5.5, bass 4. Strat is an American Special with SSL-6 in the bridge and Pure Vintage 59s for the neck and middle. Did I mention I love this Strat? Because I do. It’s my favorite Strat. Going through my board with a few specific pedals also turned on.
I’m using some WoS Cab. It’s the Fortin Beast Cream which is based off his 4x12 with Creamback 75s. It’s one of my favorite IR/virtual cabs. Mic blend of 421 and SM57. No additional EQ.

First segments are Muff alone. Volume at 11:30, tone at 1:00 and sustain at 8:45. Bridge pickup then neck.
Second set are Muff boosted by SD-1. Volume 2:00, tone 1:00 and gain off. The mid boost of the SD-1 is fierce.
3rd set is the same pedals but with some Dispatch Master Delay and Verb. I love this pedal.
4th set I add in my EHX Small Clone. Depth low and Rate at 2:45.

Enjoy and please ignore my shitty playing. I’m sure you can figure out what kind of sounds I’m going for here.

Back