Cleans Sound Distorted

Stone

Rock Star
Howdy All so im playing with some Clean settings and When I turn the Level or gain it gets really distorted , isnt level not supposed to affect tone just Bb ?
Also tried in the settings -4 as opposed to 10 and it seems slightly better
but the distortion is like making the speakers crackle this is odd
Any thoughts on what i may be doing wrong ?

again thank you

Howdy All so im playing with some Clean settings and When I turn the Level or gain it gets really distorted , isnt level not supposed to affect tone just Bb ?
Also tried in the settings -4 as opposed to 10 and it seems slightly better
but the distortion is like making the speakers crackle this is odd
Any thoughts on what i may be doing wrong ?

again thank you
What amp?

Also you could be clipping if cranking the level. The gain variable will add distortion

Depends on where the level/gain circuit is located in the signal flow.
Then, something such as a Princeton Reverb only offers one volume knob, when you turn that one up, the entire amp (mainly the poweramp) will start to "sag" or drive. That's the same for all non master volume amps, just that you often wouldn't be able to run the real deal into overdrive territory due to volume issues.
Also, as soon as there's more than one volume (or gain and volume) knob, chances are the first pot in the chain will alter the drive.

In modeling land, if you want things to just be louder without any effect on the tone (and drive) structure, use a "channel volume" (Line 6 lingo) or equivalent.

YEs this is the Thing im increasing but its increasing gain and distortion
1682275527968.png

If i turn anything higher get lots of distortion and crackle which obviously should not be for clean amps or channel

and Setting
1682276087011.png

Input I followed the Tickle me red with my hottest guitar PuP
and this is what i have

1682276161021.png

Fwiw, Master Volume at 6.6 is VERY high for a Soldano. Maybe just turn that down considerably for a start. Like to 2-3 or so.
True Sasha But have tried other amps as well
Maybe the Fractal Volume works different
So I may just crank my Power cabs a bit more and reduce the Volumes in FM Edit :idk:idk

Back