Chechnya bans all music deemed too fast or too slow

Thats ridiculous...its music!!
200.gif

The post isn't about Russia per say, it's about any random country going this far when it comes to music.
Reminds me of the 80s and the whole PRMC thing with Tipper Gore here in the US.
That and Ozzy getting sued over Suicide Solution.

This is a MASSIVE slippery slope for any country, state, town, etc.

I mean, torture, radical islamism, dictatorship, etc. - certainly all much more gruesome. But this thing here tops pretty much everything in terms of publically displayed madness.

Great news! Finally someone to put a stop to those obnoxious "we're better than anyone BuT mUh FeELiNgS" bluesers and those God forsaken them in '87 "LooK mA I fAsT aT sCaLeS aNd PiCkInG" shredders.
He has my vote!

I should come up with a dancefloor tune at 125BPM, shake my belly and ass to it and call it "The Ramsan Move". I'm sure it'll go viral instantly.

Thanks SUNO AI!

[Verse]
We've been working hard, day and night
Tryin' to make a living, make things right (oh yeah)
But tonight we're gonna leave our cares behind
Forget the troubles, let the music guide

[Chorus]
Ramsan Move (move, move, move) on the dancefloor
Feel the rhythm, let your body soar
Ramsan Move (move, move, move) to the beat
Let's dance tonight, feel the heat

[Verse 2]
Life's too short to be feelin' down
Just let the music take you to another town (oh yeah)
No matter what you're goin' through
Tonight's the night for me and you

Who's moving to Chechnya, though? And who is modeling their culture after repressive regimes,
as if that is somehow a beacon off in the distance representing a shining light for all of humanity?

I proclaim "Nothing Burger!" Dumb-ass dictators with too much power doing dumb ass shit like
dumb ass dictators with too much have always done. :pitchforks

I’ll let this go for now, but yesterday’s thread on it made it 2 posts before it got locked because these topics bring the inevitable. Every. Single. Time.
Hm, I honestly have no idea what the typical reaction might be... I might be dense :grin :idk

My first thought was that someone spelled April 1 wrong...

What “they” ban is weird. What we ban is righteous common sense! :stirthepot

I can understand why the Mods closed this the first time. The world is weird, myself included.

Back