Cheap Pick Alert- Dunlop Petrucci’s!

For 67 cents, I may dip my beak. MAY 😂
Picks are that thing I want dirt cheap for some odd reason I can’t explain. I’ll think nothing of spending 1k upcharge for some spalted maple pickguard but I can’t go all in on a 67 cent pick.
A few years back I had picks made with my band logo and name. They must have been a buck a piece or a little more IIRC. I sulked over that purchase a few weeks 😂.
You would really like Blue Chip picks!

Once I learned that Fender picks no longer came with the logo embossed, I went on a pick search, trying all sorts, and paying close attention to how much they helped or hindered my alternate picking technique. I initially bought into the hype that a stiffer pick is better for fast playing, but then I came to realize they do help. At least for me, that's what I noticed.

So with the pick being your first point-of-contact, I think your choice is hugely important when playing technically-challenging material, if accuracy & consistency is important to you. I don't think spending a bit more is a big deal.

Once I learned that Fender picks no longer came with the logo embossed, I went on a pick search, trying all sorts, and paying close attention to how much they helped or hindered my alternate picking technique. I initially bought into the hype that a stiffer pick is better for fast playing, but then I came to realize they do help. At least for me, that's what I noticed.

So with the pick being your first point-of-contact, I think your choice is hugely important when playing technically-challenging material, if accuracy & consistency is important to you. I don't think spending a bit more is a big deal.
I used to think this before joining the Andy James academy years ago. 2 disclaimers:
1 my picking kinda sucks by any measureable standard and 2 I believe he also has his own picks 😂.
But the academy spoke about how much the pick didn’t matter, what really mattered was your motion and once you got that right, you’d see how you can play the same with just about any pick.
That actually held true for me. No matter what I spend on picks I can’t play like that, so 😂

Back