Charvel DK tuning issue persists. What else can I try to fix it? ********SOLVED*************

How does it sound now with the bent saddles? What do you hear and feel that is different, besides the tuning?

You basically did the IT version of turning it on and off again.

Glad it got solved.

PS - when you put it back together, was it the same strings or a new batch?

I'm very intrigued by Eagle's comment about counterfeit strings; especially as a player who rarely changes them until they break, or my harmonics stop sounding out. (about 6-7 months based on playing time currently. Used to be 1-2 month based on playing time)
New strings. If I had issues with other first I'd start looking more closely to the string thing, but that was never the case. But I have had a fake Elixir set in my hands, but it was easily identifiable because the printing on the package was very bad. It was the last time I bought strings from an unknown seller.

How does it sound now with the bent saddles? What do you hear and feel that is different, besides the tuning?
It's hard to describe, but if i had to is day it had less mids in a good way. More chime. More "stringy" maybe. Instead of just better I'd say it's different, in my case specifically it got me closer to the type of tone I like.

Fake strings I see these day have pretty much perfect packaging.
I'm sure, that's just how it goes, and it's the reason I don't buy strings in any place.

Have you had issues buying strings from reputable stores? I've seen in other areas fakes being introduced in the supply chain without being noticed for a while. You think this is the case?

I'm sure, that's just how it goes, and it's the reason I don't buy strings in any place.

Have you had issues buying strings from reputable stores? I've seen in other areas fakes being introduced in the supply chain without being noticed for a while. You think this is the case?
No from my suppler ,it is the distributor directly. I see them from customers who supply their own strings with jobs.

Back