Change My Mind- The LP Silverburst Should ONLY Be A Custom

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
That std is not only not right, it looks stupid, the binding is too thin, and it's an obvious money-grab. It's also poor quality in that the width of the black is very inconsistent from model to model. And calling it an Adam Jones also doesn't make any sense, since he plays OG Silverburst Customs. Put the PU cover back on it too! Gibson. :facepalm

The Silverburst Les Paul should only be a Custom. Never a standard.

Oh, and it's almost as bad as when Gibson reissued the SB in ~2003. No burst on the back or neck, and the black was really thin. Another money grab.

And on a related note..., I didn't know Gibson Custom was once again making the Custom. Now that guitar is schweet!! Six thousand dollars schweet...? Idk

That std is not only not right, it looks stupid, the binding is too thin, and it's an obvious money-grab. It's also poor quality in that the width of the black is very inconsistent from model to model. And calling it an Adam Jones also doesn't make any sense, since he plays OG Silverburst Customs. Put the PU cover back on it too! Gibson. :facepalm

The Silverburst Les Paul should only be a Custom. Never a standard.

Oh, and it's almost as bad as when Gibson reissued the SB in ~2003. No burst on the back or neck, and the black was really thin. Another money grab.

And on a related note..., I didn't know Gibson Custom was once again making the Custom. Now that guitar is schweet!! Six thousand dollars schweet...? Idk
I'm trying to figure out how, if it is a money grab, why there's anything wrong with it? If it is a money grab then there is by definition a decent chunk of folks that want to buy the thing.

As the actual point, silver burst can die a slow horrible death AFAIC

I see a few sides to it-

Me, personally- Blocks or GTFO

But I love Silverbursts and I know I’m not the only one. It’s just a finish and shouldn’t be locked behind guitars that you can only buy for $6k+ or….an Epiphone.

Now if Edwards would only do a Silverburst LPC run.

I see a few sides to it-

Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

But I love Silverbursts and I know I’m not the only one. It’s just a finish and shouldn’t be locked behind guitars that you can only buy for $6k+ or….an Epiphone.

I'm fine with other brands. Just do it right.

I see a few sides to it-

I still can't believe how nice the Edwards I have is.... and for less than $1k. Every time I pick it
up it feels better than the last time I put it down.:love

If I get a Flying V it will probably be an Edwards. :banana

Oh and I agree on the inlays.

In that case. Blocks and less than Tree Fiddy! :LOL:

Isn't it a bit sad that the 'Burst on the Chibson looks superior to the AJ Std.? Yeah, I know.... aging and all that. But still.

1701743546535.png

Back