Can helix do this?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
Preface: I realize I can probably do this with a MIDI loopback cable, but after numerous threadlocks and temp bans at the other forum, we realized that that's not too robust a solution

I would like to assign a footswitch to turn on and off a pitch block set to half a step down. By unchecking the "snapshot bypass" this works perfect for the whole preset regardless of which snapshot I choose

However, I also have a harmonizer attached here, and would like it to switch to a key half a step down when this same switch is thrown.

I can use an expression pedal to do this and it works fine as I can set it per preset, however I cannot figure out a way to do this with a helix footswitch.

While the pitch pedal works fine regardless of the snapshot, the harmonizer switches back to the original key every time a snapshot is chosen. Is there a way around this?

Sounds like a Snapshot Control issue.

"Prior to 3.50, when assigning a parameter to a physical control (EXP 1, footswitch, etc.) or MIDI, Snapshots are also always assigned. In 3.50, they still are, but there's an additional "Snapshot Control" parameter on the Controller Assign page that lets you bypass this default.

1. From the Controller Assign menu, select the desired parameter and turn Knob 2 (Controller) to select any value other than "None" or "Snapshots." A second page appears.
  2. Press PAGE > and turn Knob 1 (Snapshot Control) to "Off." It's set to "On" by default for all parameters."

Is that snapshot bypass? Here is the desired behavior:

1683962604072.png

Is that snapshot bypass?
No, it's similar. Think of it as "Parameter Bypass" Just go to the parameter you want, assign it to a footswitch. Go to Controller assigns -- I'm using Stomp so its in Menu/Controller Assignments. Navigate to the parameter and page over until you see the Snapshot Control option (it wont be there if it isn't assigned to MIDI/FS). Setting it to OFF makes the Snapshot change ignore that parameter and it stays on whatever you toggled it to last.

Back