Caitlinbread SoftFocus

I grew up in the Thames Valley. Of similar age, I remember seeing Slowdive drinking in the same pub as me, when we were all only just old enough to drink haha.

I might have to buy this, just for old time's sake.

Mike Hermans always demos on my amp (Bella) so I can be sure what it'll sound like :cool:

I grew up in the Thames Valley. Of similar age, I remember seeing Slowdive drinking in the same pub as me, when we were all only just old enough to drink haha.

I might have to buy this, just for old time's sake.

Mike Hermans always demos on my amp (Bella) so I can be sure what it'll sound like :cool:
Genrewise; its not generally my bag. But the tones here are great. I haven't seen a lot of his demos but the ones I have watched always sound good.

I dig.
It’s becoming a popular thing amongst the “finer” pedal makers. Keeley has had one (Loomer I think) for a while. And I’ve seen recent others pedal releases marketing the fx500 Patch to.

Yay! Another pedal you have to play slow (70 BPM or less!) to truly enjoy.
I am tired of that shit!!!! ;)

Seriously, though. Few of these pedals translate in a full mix unless that
full mix is a downtempo snoozefest or a Floyd medley.

Great for us old chaps who are tired at the end of the workday and can't
muster anything north of 80 BPM anyways. :bag

... Few of these pedals translate in a full mix ...

I suspect that the words "translate in a full mix" are completely alien to OG shoegazers; they certainly were to me at their age and with their same aesthetic in 1989 😄

I suspect that the words "translate in a full mix" are completely alien to OG shoegazers; they certainly were to me at their age and with their same aesthetic in 1989 😄
:ROFLMAO: Still holds true today. Translate in a mix is never the most important thing in shoegaze/post-whatever genres. If a reverb or delay has very subtle intricate qualities they’ll be all over it just because, and it will be all totally lost in a wall of sound (noise)….. but it’s there :p

The dudes that do it right though, don’t need all that fancy stuff. They just use a RV-5 and be done with it.

Sounds great but reading the blurb it's less a recreation than an "inspired by" style thing. Mono and no delay either. The fx500 manual lays out the parameters for that patch so anyone with a modem modeler can cop the vibe.

@JiveTurkey have you tried the Axe-Fx version I whipped up?

Sounds great but reading the blurb it's less a recreation than an "inspired by" style thing. Mono and no delay either. The fx500 manual lays out the parameters for that patch so anyone with a modem modeler can cop the vibe.

@JiveTurkey have you tried the Axe-Fx version I whipped up?
I didn't know such a thing existed. I have spent the last few days attempting to integrate the SY1000 and FM9 together. It's been loud in my jam room. From profanity directed at Boss more than actual music volume :cuss

This was a straight "copy stuff from the manual into blocks on the Axe and full in the gaps" style thing, but I recently got a yamaha Fx900 which can run the same settings and it sounds close enough for shoegaze.

Man the SY was fun with dual amps in the fractal, especially panning individual strings around. Editing patches though - I feel your pain.

This was a straight "copy stuff from the manual into blocks on the Axe and full in the gaps" style thing, but I recently got a yamaha Fx900 which can run the same settings and it sounds close enough for shoegaze.

Man the SY was fun with dual amps in the fractal, especially panning individual strings around. Editing patches though - I feel your pain.

Very nice on this! I will dig in when I get a minute.

Really the pain in the SY is the routing stumbling blocks. Trying to run it in 4cm sucks. Trying to get the SY synth routed out of the FAS into the SY then back with proper levels from the SY side is a nightmare. No Farley required :rofl

...and with that bit of anger out of the way; I've just cracked the case. 4CM with the Badlander. FM9 and SY1000. Now I just need a 5 tiered board to make it all "work"

Back