Burstbucker Pro+

In all seriousness I was having trouble figuring out why on some songs I’m recording there is this “Make It Stop” air buildup between 100-140hz and after months of parallel side chain dual compression flux capacitor inducing moves I realized that it’s on all the songs with my LP Modern that’s loaded with Burstbucker Pro+ pickups. I love playing the f’ing thing and don’t really notice it unless I’m recording and doing playback.

The only thing I can speculate is the pickups? I mean is it possible those pickups just have an inherent woof in that specific frequency range? I suppose a pickup swap could prove it one way or the other but I don’t want to go down that path unless I am in fact not crazy.

I don’t hate any of the burstbucker range but I do prefer the newest Custombucker that they use in the Murphy Lab LPs.

Yeah I have to agree with this. I had a set of customshop alnico iii burstbuckers they released just before the custombuckers and they were pretty special pickups. Really nicely balanced and I've found the same thing with the custombuckers.

neck is fine but I hated the bridge, grainy, grating, unpleasent. replaced with SD Pegasus. much happier

EDIT: dont think my lp has the + just regular burstbucker pros

neck is fine but I hated the bridge, grainy, grating, unpleasent. replaced with SD Pegasus. much happier

EDIT: dont think my lp has the + just regular burstbucker pros

Interesting. I don’t have much complaint for the neck pickup either, for cleans or in the middle position. Was just curious if anyone else had similar issues with those freqs on these bridge pickups.

I was thinking of either going with something modern like the Polymath’s or taking it back to something a little more classic since I play souped up amps anyway and don’t need them to be ultra high output.

Interesting. I don’t have much complaint for the neck pickup either, for cleans or in the middle position. Was just curious if anyone else had similar issues with those freqs on these bridge pickups.

I was thinking of either going with something modern like the Polymath’s or taking it back to something a little more classic since I play souped up amps anyway and don’t need them to be ultra high output.

Can't say I've ana;yzed or put much thought into the specific frequencies but I definitely didn't like it :LOL: I think most Gibson bridge pups aren't for me. My last LP had 57 classic + that I hated even more. I replaced that bridge with a pearly gates and was again instantly much happier

Polymath would be cool, but also can't go wrong with a PAF style either imo. I settled on the pegasus this time around because it seemed modernish without being too crazy on the output. But I also already knew I liked the nazgul/sentients so I figured something in the same vein but slightly tamer would hit the spot

I have a set of some burstbucker variant in a Burny Super Grade. I bought the guitar with them already installed and I’d put them in all my Les Pauls. I need to get off my ass and pull them so I can find out what they are. Killer tones.

Back