Bought the MX5..again

My understanding is the headrush stuff is just old rebranded eleven rack tech. I tend to agree with @JiveTurkey on this one. If I couldn't afford a FM3 I'd go with a pod go, hx stomp, or check out some of the new mooer stuff.

Last edited:
My understanding is the headrush stuff is just old rebranded eleven rack tech.

My understanding is that it's based on eleven rack tech, and supposedly had an overhaul in one of the updates.
If something's to be held against that company it's that they continue to make the units with the same crappy parts even though they're getting RODs (rainbow of death) from the beginning.

- Should we change something so this stops happening?
- Nah, if they get ROD and live in the USA, we'll change them. If they don't get it, great for us!
- If they don't live in the USA?
- Well... Tough luck.
- How about the issue when unplugging the USB?
- What issue?
- You know, if they unplug it from PC without "safely remove hardware" and then units USB is completely fried, like it's 2002 and USB is something completely new and our multifx is the first one to have it.
- We did wrote in the manual "always safely remove hardware", didn't we?
- Yes.
- There you go.

My understanding is that it's based on eleven rack tech, and supposedly had an overhaul in one of the updates.
If something's to be held against that company it's that they continue to make the units with the same crappy parts even though they're getting RODs (rainbow of death) from the beginning.

- Should we change something so this stops happening?
- Nah, if they get ROD and live in the USA, we'll change them. If they don't get it, great for us!
- If they don't live in the USA?
- Well... Tough luck.
- How about the issue when unplugging the USB?
- What issue?
- You know, if they unplug it from PC without "safely remove hardware" and then units USB is completely fried, like it's 2002 and USB is something completely new and our multifx is the first one to have it.
- We did wrote in the manual "always safely remove hardware", didn't we?
- Yes.
- There you go.
Key word "supposedly"...lol
I admit I bought a couple of their 12" speakers when I first got my fractal. They sound OK if you can't afford much else or build your own cabs. Although they say it's "specially voiced" I'm not convinced it's not just a rebranded Alto. At GC they both sound the same to me. Got to hand it to them for marketing tho...what stoner guitar player wouldn't want to check out a "headrush" lol
I've since upgraded to a couple celestion f12-x200 cabs and rack amp...which by the way cost me about the same but are night and day better than the plastic headrush. The headrush are now used for backing tracks and drum machine. They do great for that. All in all I have zero faith in the company and it's ethics....2000 watts? Yeah right.... headrush can blow me.
P.S. The headrush frfr12 can be had for $280 on Amazon right now.

Well I have had it for like an hour and really digging it through the return of my DSL40c that is running into a 4x12 of V30's and G12T-75's. I don't even remember trying this back when I first had it. Into the return that is. next up is to see how it works in a hybrid set up with one side going to PA with the GSP2101 Speaker Compensation and one to amp return.

Not sure if it will fit in this tiny bag they sent me for free though..

View attachment 511
Sighhhh.. the MX5. (One of) my first deep modeler love affairs.

In what way? Core seems like a good box. Could it be the user interface being typically Boss? Otherwise, it seems to pack a punch.GT-
In what way? Core seems like a good box. Could it be the user interface being typically Boss? Otherwise, it seems to pack a punch.
GT-1000CORE sounds incredible. HX Stomp (especially the XL) is even that much better IMO. I've owned all three.

Key word "supposedly"...lol
I admit I bought a couple of their 12" speakers when I first got my fractal. They sound OK if you can't afford much else or build your own cabs. Although they say it's "specially voiced" I'm not convinced it's not just a rebranded Alto. At GC they both sound the same to me. Got to hand it to them for marketing tho...what stoner guitar player wouldn't want to check out a "headrush" lol
I've since upgraded to a couple celestion f12-x200 cabs and rack amp...which by the way cost me about the same but are night and day better than the plastic headrush. The headrush are now used for backing tracks and drum machine. They do great for that. All in all I have zero faith in the company and it's ethics....2000 watts? Yeah right.... headrush can blow me.
P.S. The headrush frfr12 can be had for $280 on Amazon right now.

My Headrush is both a Keyboard amp and a monitor for the Acoustic I also play on a few songs.
Those 2 inputs come in super handy. I can leave both plugged in at all times.

The Core can be represented thusly :poop:
I actually like the Core. Better than the IR-200 and swings among the trees with the Firebox MKII. And Nux Amp Academy. To me the Firebox is number 1, Core in a tight run with Nux AA. Finally the IR-200 which falls way short IMO. Shame on Boss.

So last I saw, all headrushes were out of stock on all the sites and not showing back ordered.

Any new news on what’s going on?

So last I saw, all headrushes were out of stock on all the sites and not showing back ordered.

Any new news on what’s going on?
It’s a tight seal on everything, and Alex Mansman shows some worries, which basically only mean that he is not given any information beyond that there is a firmware update coming soon. Something about scenes and possibly something more.

Personally i feel it would be sad to see them go down at this point. Although mx5 has some things that puts it down (build quality and parts) it was a refreshing unit to their line and an excellent for those starting out modeling.

Back