Bought some new recording gear shaped like…

JerEvil

Roadie
a DW kit… cymbals and a proper set of drum mic’s.

DW Performance Series (Black Diamond)

Meinl Classic Dark (added a China as well)

sE Arena mic kit

Had an Alesis Strike Pro SE but it never really made me want to play. I’ve maintained for ages that I was a drummer forced to play guitar because we were to poor to not live in apartments when I started playing music.

Anyway, kit just arrive a few days ago and finally got it sort of up last night. Need to tweak placement then I’ll get it all mic’d up.

Killer!

Hell yeah!!! I like those Meinl’s, too. I’m cymbal agnostic so when I eventually can put a kit in my place it’ll be a mix of all the brands, too many awesome ones out there to pick just one brand. It’d be like only owning one brand of pedals.

Hell yeah!!! I like those Meinl’s, too. I’m cymbal agnostic so when I eventually can put a kit in my place it’ll be a mix of all the brands, too many awesome ones out there to pick just one brand. It’d be like only owning one brand of pedals.
Yeah I needed a pack to start and I dug a lot of the vids I’d seen of these. I’m a big Paiste fan for sure.

DW ain’t awful…. ;)
I pretty much decided I wanted a kit that most local drummers would look at and say “my kit will never be that nice”

I’m only sort of kidding. Ordering another kick drum and 8” Tom as well…

congrats. john good, who is one of the heads of DW, is a dear friend, and i go to his house on monday nights during football season to hang out. my burger truck is also doing his super bowl party.
Ummmm… that’s wicked cool! Honestly, I never thought I’d own an acoustic kit, for a myriad of reasons, let alone a non-entry level DW.

I understand their Design series are still excellent drums and would be more than I needed, but I honestly just go in the room and stare at them sometimes. Not even to play. Just to look at them.

I’m at the point where I buy once, cry once. I’m quite fortunate at this juncture in life, but who ever knows? Nothing is forever.

Good on you, translating your hard work into something you value and derive enjoyment from.

Oh that's awesome!

Ever since I was 13, I've wanted a DW Collectors kit. They always sounded so warm and punchy when I played them, and the quality was top notch. They didn't have crappy import models like my cheap Pearl Export (at least at the time). I had probably ten drum sets including some real nice ones over the years, but never did get a DW Collectors kit. I see DW as the equivalent of PRS...they are real high quality and like to tinker towards perfection. Can't really go wrong with them. And super expensive.

Those Performance kits are really nice too. I actually used one of the cheaper import PDP kits for gigging for years and it sounded awesome. Again, kind of the equivalent of the PRS SE, really good value.

Back