Boss MS-3 -- Dialing it in for Phase 90 and MXR 117 Flanger tones?

Trying to consolidate my board to possibly replace the DD-7, DD-8, PH-3, BF-3, and Black Label Chorus I have. While the MS-3 has the same controls, it also has additional controls that I am unsure how to dial in. I have the PH-3 and BF-3 dialed in to sound similar to my EVH Phase 90 and EVH Flanger.

I'm hoping someone can help me with getting the additional parameters dialed in so that I do not have to spend a few days attempting to dial in the additional controls to sound more like the physical pedals (and possibly not getting close).

If I can't get them dialed in, it is going to go back as it won't fulfill my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm. Put them in one of the loops and do a lengthy A/B session? At least that's my usual approach when I want to replicate something in the HX FX.

Whenever there's multiple models of the same effect, I try and lay them all out in front of me, then (patiently) narrow things down to one, and then more tweaking.

That is what I planned to do if there are no other options. I was kind of hoping someone had gotten the MS-3 dialed in for these sounds already.

Back