Bill Kelliher’s Incredible Tone Journey

He was on a YouTube live stream drinking some beers and decided to take a leak while talking on camera. Might be the most awkward video I've seen.
I just learned some British slang. I figured he sustained some gruesome injury on camera given “slash.”

Hahahahah was that the ToneTalk?

He cracks me up in that he can be completely professional and almost boring in an entire interview and then he’ll do or say something that reminds you “Ah yeah, Mastodon was a caveman band at one point” :rofl

The Anderton’s interview when Victory guy said something about getting shit for owning too many Les Paul’s, “Oh I get shit for it, that’s why I ask ‘Why do you have so many fucking purses?’ and I could see the words “Are we cancelled now?” run across Victory dude’s face. :ROFLMAO:

Hahahahah was that the ToneTalk?

He cracks me up in that he can be completely professional and almost boring in an entire interview and then he’ll do or say something that reminds you “Ah yeah, Mastodon was a caveman band at one point” :rofl

The Anderton’s interview when Victory guy said something about getting shit for owning too many Les Paul’s, “Oh I get shit for it, that’s why I ask ‘Why do you have so many fucking purses?’ and I could see the words “Are we cancelled now?” run across Victory dude’s face. :ROFLMAO:

No I think Tone Talk he was good, it was the show with the Canadian dude who's into Line 6 and Van Halen gear.

In his defence, I guess you have to be a bit “off the rails” to come up with the kind of chord voicings and ungodly intervals Mastodon songs have. It helps if you have Dirty B. Hinds alongside that…

In his defence, I guess you have to be a bit “off the rails” to come up with the kind of chord voicings and ungodly intervals Mastodon songs have. It helps if you have Dirty B. Hinds alongside that…
The Hinds animal get’s LOADED.
I mean MEGA-TOASTED.
3 days up drinking from the bottle type of madman.
I saw him demo’ing Orange amps & his signature guitar.
(I actually got that guitar for free).

He was so blasted behind biblicals,
he was missing his strumming of chords, sometimes full swings and no dice🥵
He was psycho-babbling’ & sorta’ swayin’ along with the babble in his guitar playin’ as well.

The reason I got his signature guitar for free, that he signed, was because the shop/dealer were so livid beyond boiling at him, they gifted me that bad boy.
The pick-ups were cool in it & it was a rad guitar.
I’ve got some great pics of it from the artist utopian house or “The Throwdown of Brotherly Love Musichouse”.
Killer looking guitar💯

Yeah, Brent’s a wild card, 100%. I think this is exactly why he doesn’t do interviews after he was in a particular mood for his last Jasta Show podcast that was taken down. This whole Orange clinic is riding the rails and the Orange rep most definitely wanted to kill him.

That dude should start a solo project and call it
“The Menacing Filth”.
Legit filthbag who can pull it off day in & day out.
I had his back in case he fell out that day.
Because…Dirts WIN💯,
Naw, he had his protector dude looking after him.
I bet he didn’t even remember the clinic.
Now that’s ROCK-N-ROLL.
Especially if I ever get to meet him and remind him
about that day because in the end..
-his performance at the clinic got me a FREE guitar
& he signed it! Thank man!!!🤘🏻
It was the Silverburst Epiphone V.
I actually put Fishman’s in it, those HammerClaws
were a bit too ‘sonically esoteric’ for my claws.

Back