Big Knob

Jarick

Shredder
Picked one up today used for $40. Wanted to be able to A/B between my Genelecs and my JBL's.

I'm enjoying it way more than I should. The knob is useful sure, but being able to A/B my monitors is a revelation. And the other buttons are really useful as well (mono, mute, and dim).

$40 well spent, and now the Genelecs are in trouble.

Big knob passive?

I love mine!
It's main use is easily swapping between my helix and interface while working on a project.

And the mute button is so convenient when it's time to track mics

IMG_1572.gif

Big knob passive?

I love mine!
It's main use is easily swapping between my helix and interface while working on a project.

And the mute button is so convenient when it's time to track mics

Yes just the super basic one. It’s really been useful especially for $40!

Bought this to replace the TC Level pilot that crapped out on me. Money well spent. I think it was 60 bucks? Also have the active presonus monitor station II (I think it’s II, tabletop not rack mount). Not currently using it. Big knob doing everything I need it to.

Bought this to replace the TC Level pilot that crapped out on me. Money well spent. I think it was 60 bucks? Also have the active presonus monitor station II (I think it’s II, tabletop not rack mount). Not currently using it. Big knob doing everything I need it to.

I don't have it hooked up now but used it a lot to A/B monitors. It really showed me that the monitors I was using weren't ideal for me and what the difference was.

I don't have it hooked up now but used it a lot to A/B monitors. It really showed me that the monitors I was using weren't ideal for me and what the difference was.
It’s very important to have a second point of reference for sure.

I’ll say it again for anyone who isnt sick of me saying it: Slate VSX. My work at least doubled in quality.

I love mine too. I switch from monitors to regular computer speakers to see how it sounds in a normal setting.

I am not a pro.

Back