Bass...

Theme explored by keys, then bass, then guitar. Absolutely incendiary guitar after the keys and bass focused sections. Always really enjoyed the bass on this track

Last edited:
I probably listened to LD 50 for 2-3months straight when it dropped. One of the few Nu-metal era records I can still listen to without feeling gross.

I actually laughed my ass off when a friend first played “Dig” for me. I thought it was the most juvenile crap I’d heard at that point. Then about 2 weeks later I was driving with a buddy and I heard this ridiculous bass playing and the coolest fucking bass sound I had ever heard, a killer chorus vocal and this sick odd time playing, waited until the end of the song and the DJ says “That was Mudvayne with ‘Death Blooms’……I just said to my buddy “No f*cking way that’s the same band I head a couple weeks ago. This was the coolest fucking song I’ve ever heard and that other song was a joke.”

They’re one of my all time favorites, The End Of All Things To Come is a fucking nu-prog-metal masterpiece. I went apeshit at Rockville when they did their set, right before Metallica played for the 2nd time that weekend. Chad can’t sing for shit live, but it’s part of the “I’m miserable and tortured” charm that is Mudvayne. :D

I am so weird with Mudvayne. I think they have some awesome songs. Their visuals have always made me twitch. And the Hellyeah association is bordering on criminal. But when they are in their zone and playing to their strengths; they KILL.

I am so weird with Mudvayne. I think they have some awesome songs. Their visuals have always made me twitch. And the Hellyeah association is bordering on criminal. But when they are in their zone and playing to their strengths; they KILL.

Yeah, the visual thing was something I laughed at originally. "They f*cking put that sh*t on every show?!" and then just ignored once I became a fan. Hellyeah was the biggest metal letdown after Dimebag getting shot. I was so thrilled when I heard about the project happening and then.....ugh. At first I was thinking "Ok, maybe they're just pumpin' the radio songs...." but nope!

I'm not sure I even listened to their last album all the way through. The further away from the prog stuff they got, the less interested I was, but yeah, those first 3 albums made them a favorite for sure.

Yeah, the visual thing was something I laughed at originally. "They f*cking put that sh*t on every show?!" and then just ignored once I became a fan. Hellyeah was the biggest metal letdown after Dimebag getting shot. I was so thrilled when I heard about the project happening and then.....ugh. At first I was thinking "Ok, maybe they're just pumpin' the radio songs...." but nope!

I'm not sure I even listened to their last album all the way through. The further away from the prog stuff they got, the less interested I was, but yeah, those first 3 albums made them a favorite for sure.
I get it. It made sense for them but was a little too jnco-painted black nails thing. The music spoke for itself though. There was actually some really good underrated nu-metal bands thst had some really good tunes if you were a fan of the genre.

One of my favorite local bands I loved since high school, kind of like Primus if they smoked crack instead of meth. Bassist is insane, so is the drummer.

Some album cover art may not be SFW. :bag

Back