Axe Fx III: This Is Just Weird Behavior

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
I decided to fire up the Archetype Petrucci plugin tonight, and when I did, I remembered why I hadn't used it in so long: The Axe keeps cutting out over USB (using it as an interface, and the plugin as a stand-alone.)

But tonight I thought to try switching the outputs to 3 & 4 in the plugin's Audio Settings, since you can copy OUT 1 to OUT 2, 3, & 4 in the Axe.

Few minutes go by, and IT CUTS OUT AGAIN! So I switch back to 1 &2, and this time it plays fine. I played for an hour with no issues, whereas the last time I used it, it cut out so frequently that I just gave up.

Very weird. And apparently FAS is aware of the issue, but it's probably waaaayyy down their list, since I'd imagine few people use it as an audio interface.

I decided to fire up the Archetype Petrucci plugin tonight, and when I did, I remembered why I hadn't used it in so long: The Axe keeps cutting out over USB (using it as an interface, and the plugin as a stand-alone.)

But tonight I thought to try switching the outputs to 3 & 4 in the plugin's Audio Settings, since you can copy OUT 1 to OUT 2, 3, & 4 in the Axe.

Few minutes go by, and IT CUTS OUT AGAIN! So I switch back to 1 &2, and this time it plays fine. I played for an hour with no issues, whereas the last time I used it, it cut out so frequently that I just gave up.

Very weird. And apparently FAS is aware of the issue, but it's probably waaaayyy down their list, since I'd imagine few people use it as an audio interface.
Interesting! I first started using it as a interface about 4-5 weeks ago. I have had only one unusual situation where it locked up, but otherwise it has been solid. Then again, I am pretty much on my kitchen sink preset and don't venture out from there often. Sounds like a power down and/or system reset would fix the issue you had. Be sure to keep us up to date if it persists!! Power to the Axe (and careful with that Axe Majesty)!!!

Sounds like a power down and/or system reset would fix the issue you had.
I've rebooted many times in the past, but it would always come right back. I'd rather not reset the Axe, though I have reset the plugin a few times, since until tonight I wasn't sure which one was causing the issue. (Leaning towards the Axe now.)
Be sure to keep us up to date if it persists!! Power to the Axe (and careful with that Axe Majesty)!!!
;)

Never seen this myself. Tried the usual, namely a different USB cable? And if you are using a USB hub, try connecting directly to your laptop if it has USB-A ports.

Back