AuroraDSP Laney Ironheart

2dor

Roadie
Just saw this on Facebook. I recall having seen a teaser a while ago where they were in Laney HQ and IIRC they said they're using some of the innovations NAM (neural amp modeler) brought along for nailing the poweramp section interaction with the cab.

image.png

seems like they’ve licenced the Bogren IRDX stuff, whatever effect that has. Not really sure how that processing can be accurate or if it’s just a kind of marketing claim.

View attachment 17189

seems like they’ve licenced the Bogren IRDX stuff, whatever effect that has. Not really sure how that processing can be accurate or if it’s just a kind of marketing claim.
I've recently been playing around more with the Two Notes Genome beta stuff and some of those cabs sound amazing (BHG Alien, Mesa 2x12 WTE, Steve Stevens BritMalibus, Lynch VH1).
By the looks of it, IRDX does something similar to what Two Notes' "Overload" does (and Fractal's speaker compression / compliance etc) and by comparison it doesn't feel like it's anything unparalleled about it. Not saying it isn't cool (I love something like this make its way into the VST realm) but yeah - just sayin'

By the looks of it, IRDX does something similar to what Two Notes' "Overload" does (and Fractal's speaker compression / compliance etc) and by comparison it doesn't feel like it's anything unparalleled about it. Not saying it isn't cool (I love something like this make its way into the VST realm) but yeah - just sayin'
Bogren have just released the IRDX as a separate VST just this week.

Also Cabinetron has a similar non linear function

Bogren have just released the IRDX as a separate VST just this week.

Also Cabinetron has a similar non linear function
I did test it - makes stuff pop a bit more (which may or may not fit the track but I do like what it does).
Does Cabinetron allow daisy-chaining the IRs? I wasn't able to link them in series - would have loved to load a corrective EQ IR last in the list for my headphones.

I did test it - makes stuff pop a bit more (which may or may not fit the track but I do like what it does).
Does Cabinetron allow daisy-chaining the IRs? I wasn't able to link them in series - would have loved to load a corrective EQ IR last in the list for my headphones.
I'm not sure actually, but I guess you could load another instance of it

I just DL'd the trial. I only had time to go through some presets. I like the low end very much and the cabs sound great, but the higher gain stuff is really noisy.

That's something I do atm (daisy chain 2 IR loaders); would have loved to have something that does series on one "wrapper".
Have you tried adding the corrective filter to the IR of your choice and exporting as a single, EQed IR? I do this for my studio monitors

Have you tried adding the corrective filter to the IR of your choice and exporting as a single, EQed IR? I do this for my studio monitors
I did but it doesn't scale. I was using MixIR a while ago and it was able to pull this off; surprised Cabinetron couldn't do it - seemed to make quite a splash when it landed.

I tried the plugin and I thought, why is the boost control red? Then I heard how this boost sounds and I was like, this sounds different than the boost on my Laneys! THEN I finally came to realise that there is a new version of the Laney Ironheart amps out, the updated BCC version. Cool!

The plugin is based on the new version:

Had the VH100r. Liked the idea of it far more than the tone. Ended up selling it and the buyer did a bunch of work to it and said it was awesome. I had the IRT15 and it became the only el84 amp I have ever liked. But it was quirky and despite being feature rich; kind of a one trick pony tonally speaking. I had the 60 for a hot minute but was whelmed. I always like the idea of Laney amps more than the experiences I have had in real life. I think the GH100L was my favorite.

Had the VH100r. Liked the idea of it far more than the tone. Ended up selling it and the buyer did a bunch of work to it and said it was awesome. I had the IRT15 and it became the only el84 amp I have ever liked. But it was quirky and despite being feature rich; kind of a one trick pony tonally speaking. I had the 60 for a hot minute but was whelmed. I always like the idea of Laney amps more than the experiences I have had in real life. I think the GH100L was my favorite.
Oh god. I can't be arsed to make my own friendship ended meme... but just... USE YOUR IMAGINATIONALES!

Back