Asking for recommendations: best VSTi for atmospheric pads

Pretty much any "bigger" synth plugin will give you a plethora of great pad sounds.
Personally, I really dig Zebra 2, and in case you purchase it now, you'll also get all professional presets sold through U-He added for free - and there's a truckload of great pads among them.

Others than that, I often prefer to use whatever sort of simpler synths and just send them through Valhalla Supermassive (which is free).

Btw, what kinda pads are you after? Like those really larger than life "hold one key and there's your movie score" ones?

Btw, what kinda pads are you after? Like those really larger than life "hold one key and there's your movie score" ones?
I like pads that are based on string & choir sounds. Omnisphere really has some amazing presets to offer, although a lot of them are a little bit too dense and don‘t work that well with heavy guitars. I bought some sample libraries last week and begin to prefer sampled choirs and strings over synthetically generated pads. The first chord I played through Chris Hein Strings gave me goosebumps. :giggle:

Back