Anyone Want To See My Browneye

ManWithGas

Roadie
I knew it'd get your attention.

Today's add to the playlist building this site's content up further.

Below is a 2012 BE100 3 channel prototype build. It has the clean channel and its treble/bass controls are on the back.

The cab is a Scumback convertible 2x12 cab with V30s in it. The ability to have closed and open back is fantastic, especially if playing clean tones
or softening up the attack of a high gain tone with the back door open.

2x12 "adjustable" back extension cabinet:

• Slanted front baffle board aims the speakers up towards the player.
  • 5/8" baltic birch cabinet sides, 1/2" baltic birch front and back panels.
  • Adjustable back design, allows the player to adjust the back pressure to alter bass response for the speakers used or to tailor his tone for the amp & guitar used. This makes getting "your tone" a lot easier in a club or recording situation.
  • The top half of the back panel is mounted on a piano hinge which allows it to be opened and is full cab width for stability. The same panel also has a sliding lid hinge which allows the player to set the panel from 1/8" open to full to adjust for bass response, back pressure, "air", and tailor the tone to taste.
  • The adjustable back feature allows you to have a closed back, partially open back, or completely open back cabinet without buying different back panels, or using any tools to convert from one mode to another!
  • Available in smooth black levant tolex, call for other colors.
  • Bluesbreaker style grill cloth, with white piping around grill cloth, thin gold piping over the top and bottom.
  • Silver handles standard.
  • Large rubber feet for solid bass response and durability.

Dimensions:
29.5" Wide, 19" Height, 13.0" Deep
Baltic Birch cab: 29 lbs (unloaded), 48 lbs (loaded with Scumbacks).

Last edited:
missing kenny mccormick GIF by South Park

So how does that back panel stay locked at the in-between positions? And more importantly, on that curved arm thing..., when you close the back completely, is it a thumb-screw that is then left un-tightened? What I'm getting at, is wondering is there's any hardware that could vibrate when that back is fully closed.

I knew it'd get your attention.

Today's add to the playlist building this site's content up further.

Below is a 2012 BE100 3 channel prototype build. It has the clean channel and its treble/bass controls are on the back.

The cab is a Scumback convertible 2x12 cab with V30s in it. The ability to have closed and open back is fantastic, especially if playing clean tones
or softening up the attack of a high gain tone with the back door open.

View attachment 1498

View attachment 1497
2x12 "adjustable" back extension cabinet:

• Slanted front baffle board aims the speakers up towards the player.
  • 5/8" baltic birch cabinet sides, 1/2" baltic birch front and back panels.
  • Adjustable back design, allows the player to adjust the back pressure to alter bass response for the speakers used or to tailor his tone for the amp & guitar used. This makes getting "your tone" a lot easier in a club or recording situation.
  • The top half of the back panel is mounted on a piano hinge which allows it to be opened and is full cab width for stability. The same panel also has a sliding lid hinge which allows the player to set the panel from 1/8" open to full to adjust for bass response, back pressure, "air", and tailor the tone to taste.
  • The adjustable back feature allows you to have a closed back, partially open back, or completely open back cabinet without buying different back panels, or using any tools to convert from one mode to another!
  • Available in smooth black levant tolex, call for other colors.
  • Bluesbreaker style grill cloth, with white piping around grill cloth, thin gold piping over the top and bottom.
  • Silver handles standard.
  • Large rubber feet for solid bass response and durability.

Dimensions:
29.5" Wide, 19" Height, 13.0" Deep
Baltic Birch cab: 29 lbs (unloaded), 48 lbs (loaded with Scumbacks).
Clicked for the amp. Glad it was the amp.

(Looks awesome btw)

So how does that back panel stay locked at the in-between positions? And more importantly, on that curved arm thing..., when you close the back completely, is it a thumb-screw that is then left un-tightened? What I'm getting at, is wondering is there's any hardware that could vibrate when that back is fully closed.
The hinge is very tight plus the curved arm is too. When you push the panel up into the closed position it stays shut and doesn't vibrate. I guess you could always add a $2 Home Depot latch to it to have further piece of mind, but I've never needed to and I certainly would if I had to.
:beer :beer :beer :beer

The hinge is very tight plus the curved arm is too. When you push the panel up into the closed position it stays shut and doesn't vibrate. I guess you could always add a $2 Home Depot latch to it to have further piece of mind, but I've never needed to and I certainly would if I had to.
:beer :beer :beer :beer
That's cool. I was just wondering how you would secure it when it was closed, since you obviously can't reach in there. And then I thought about some sort of thumb-screw thingy wanting to possibly vibrate. If that's been addressed, it seems like a seriously cool feature!

That's cool. I was just wondering how you would secure it when it was closed, since you obviously can't reach in there. And then I thought about some sort of thumb-screw thingy wanting to possibly vibrate. If that's been addressed, it seems like a seriously cool feature!
For most musical styles (not death metal) it's a great cab that earns its price easily. I highly recommend it to most.

This is just me, and I know guys here won't agree, but I really think Dave is a child, giving his amps names that would make a 7th grade boy laugh.
But otoh, it could be marketing genius. Who knows? I just think it's stupid.
I can appreciate how some can see that but it is Rock & Roll after all. Offense to many is the aim overall as it creates attention which could manifest into more fans and or paying users.

Marketing genius?
Maybe not, however, it makes his brand unique and we're talking about them so it sorta does work as twisted as it may appear.

For most musical styles (not death metal) it's a great cab that earns its price easily. I highly recommend it to most.
Do you find yourself varying the opening of that panel for different music, or do you just have a sweet spot you like, and leave it? (Or is it like other gear where we're always playing with it? Lol!)

Do you find yourself varying the opening of that panel for different music, or do you just have a sweet spot you like, and leave it? (Or is it like other gear where we're always playing with it? Lol!)
I'm normally a 100% closed back cab player. When I'm playing songs with mostly a clean/cleanish tone I do open the back as the clean sounds more breathy and open to me.

I could use a Fender twin for clean and country music but I would NEVER use one for high gain rock. I want punch with gain and an open back cab is the arch enemy of the punch in the gut feel at volume.

I can appreciate how some can see that but it is Rock & Roll after all. Offense to many is the aim overall as it creates attention which could manifest into more fans and or paying users.

Marketing genius?
Maybe not, however, it makes his brand unique and we're talking about them so it sorta does work as twisted as it may appear.
No, absolutely! 'Three side to every story' and all that jazz. It's probably just the old man in me that doesn't care for it. I tend to like 'clever' without being crude. (Although I've most likely posted stuff that would point to hypocrisy. :rolleyes:)

No, absolutely! 'Three side to every story' and all that jazz. It's probably just the old man in me that doesn't care for it. I tend to like 'clever' without being crude. (Although I've most likely posted stuff that would point to hypocrisy. :rolleyes:)
I can agree but being too clever goes over most people's heads and the point is totally lost.

I don't think Dave gives a s**t if it's offensive to some people , people get offended over a hell of a lot less these days .
Agree. In the few interviews I've seen with Dave, he comes across as exuding confidence with a not-give-a-s**t attitude. Granted, not hard to do when you are talking to someone who is gushing about how great your amps are.

Yet, I know from first-hand experience that Dave is a complete class act when it comes to customer support.

I bought a BE-100 Deluxe and it seemed way too noisy, even with the guitar volume at zero. I sent a video showing the issue to the Friedman support email and Dave got right back to me. He said it doesn't sound right at all and said "we of course could fix it at no charge." When I told him I bought it used, he responded "I'll fix it for free if someone pays shipping."

It was then I knew exactly why there is so much love for Dave Friedman.

Agree. In the few interviews I've seen with Dave, he comes across as exuding confidence with a not-give-a-s**t attitude. Granted, not hard to do when you are talking to someone who is gushing about how great your amps are.

Yet, I know from first-hand experience that Dave is a complete class act when it comes to customer support.

I bought a BE-100 Deluxe and it seemed way too noisy, even with the guitar volume at zero. I sent a video showing the issue to the Friedman support email and Dave got right back to me. He said it doesn't sound right at all and said "we of course could fix it at no charge." When I told him I bought it used, he responded "I'll fix it for free if someone pays shipping."

It was then I knew exactly why there is so much love for Dave Friedman.
I remember when I owned all those Friedman’s,
when I’d have an issue with any of the amps,
Dave always took good care of me.
Rob also, Rob’s a good dude.
I really enjoyed troubleshooting with Dave,
he’s brief and RIGHT ON THE TARGET.
Imagine the amps Dave’s been inside

I don’t really care what he calls the amps. It’s stupid, but “Badlander” doesn’t really resonate with me either.

Back