Anyone interested in getting a Discord server going?

Should we set up a Discord server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
I’m in a couple already, and one’s pretty active, even with just a handful of blokes. I figure that’s something that TheOtherPlace and now here has never really had; real-time $hit-slinging!

Thoughts? Insane? Can’t handle this much fun already? 😂

Forums are superior.

Topics are neatly organized and visitors form different time zones can read and contribute at their own pace, there's also the very handy Search function and 'Latest Posts' section.
Informative posts can be found with google so the information is available for decades.

Live chats are a like an unstoppable continuous diarrhea.
Good luck sharing or finding something informative or asking a question and finding a useful answer a few hour past.

Go pound sand PW.

Screenshot_20230514-025132~2.png

Forums are superior.

Topics are neatly organized and visitors form different time zones can read and contribute at their own pace, there's also the very handy Search function and 'Latest Posts' section.
Informative posts can be found with google so the information is available for decades.

Live chats are a like an unstoppable continuous diarrhea.
Good luck sharing or finding something informative or asking a question and finding a useful answer a few hour past.
Totally agree. I've joined a few Discord groups and ended up either leaving after not too long, or forgetting about them for all these reasons.

Both are good - what I like about discord is being able to communicate more conversationally, and it's just a more fun environment. It is less organized and isn't a good format for documentation, but that's also not really the purpose of it. It feels like a chat room because it is one, but sometimes that kind of interaction is preferrable for the topic / mood / fun of it. Much more of a personal space than a forum is

I have tried Discord a couple of times but didn't gel with it, although I didn't spend a lot of time there. Overall I prefer forums.

Hahahah I thought we had one, but I just noticed that it was a Official Non-Owner’s server someone made probably around the time the bans were occurring at TGP. :rofl

Back