Anyone do any pro level band video stuff?

Bruce

Shredder
Last night my band shot promo video in Long Island at a place called EKO Productions. What a great, fun experience. Well worth the money for any band that wants to be taken seriously (under 2k, under 1500 actually). As I'm now charged with taking good and turning it into outstanding, I'd love to see what your pro videos look like of your bands. Share em if you got em!

Sorry Bruce

giphy.gif

Interesting timing. We are doing this vendor showcase thing here in February and one of the main reasons is to get the pro audio and video from the event for promo purposes. I will be interested to see how it turns out. Post yours up when you get!

Interesting timing. We are doing this vendor showcase thing here in February and one of the main reasons is to get the pro audio and video from the event for promo purposes. I will be interested to see how it turns out. Post yours up when you get!
I'm actually astonished with what I got back from the studio. It's already of a very good quality. If someone took just this and spliced together a 3 min promo from it, there is no reason not to hire the band unless you just don't like the band. The studio did a fantastic job. I'm still going to go back and reamp some stuff, nudge a few notes here and there because I'm stupid like that, but its not really necessary. I took a direct off the tuner so I can go in and get stupid with things. Probably going to use Slate Trigger to replace a few kit pieces, too.

I'm actually astonished with what I got back from the studio. It's already of a very good quality. If someone took just this and spliced together a 3 min promo from it, there is no reason not to hire the band unless you just don't like the band. The studio did a fantastic job. I'm still going to go back and reamp some stuff, nudge a few notes here and there because I'm stupid like that, but its not really necessary. I took a direct off the tuner so I can go in and get stupid with things. Probably going to use Slate Trigger to replace a few kit pieces, too.
Nice!

ok.........this is a LOT of work! Kinda like no such thing as a bad day fishing, but wow. Replaced the kit pieces with Slate trigger. Drums are now night and day from the original. Reamped from my tuner out signal thru the AxeFX, used the SLO Lead model and did some things with chorus and phaser. Vocals took some EQ cuts and whatnot, compression etc. Have to be careful because recorded live there is a good amount of bleed.

Second song I've been melodyning vocals for an hour now and just need a break. I want to finish this one tonite but my attention wanes after a few hours. Melodyned a couple guitar notes in the lead, too.

A buddy of mine just did that and it was stunning! He said they've already gotten some great-paying gigs out of it. (He'd been telling the guys in the band for a few years how important it is, in order to level up to the better rooms.)

Honestly someone would have to pay me for 10 songs, mixed and lined up with the video 3K to make it worth my while. If this wasn't my band no way I'd be doing this.

for good or for bad this is where I'm at. Someone wanted a 90 second hit ASAP so I had to throw this together. I'm getting 2 a day done it seems.

Good stuff Bruce! You got some promo material out of that. 90 seconds so a bar/venue can book a 3/4 hour gig is always funny to me :rofl

I'm 4 songs in and have been doing literally this non stop for 8-12 hours a day.

I should be able to get 4 more in the next 2 days and put together a better reel.

I’ve actually changed my mind about the 2 track audio we got back. When I A/B to a decent mix, it’s pretty bad. Cant expect miracles in a live recording with a total 1 hr set up. I’m learning a LOT as I’m going here about YouTube requirements, coloring video etc.

Back