Anyone do any pro level band video stuff?

for good or for bad this is where I'm at. Someone wanted a 90 second hit ASAP so I had to throw this together. I'm getting 2 a day done it seems.

Sounds damn good Bruce!!!
Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Good stuff Bruce! I was going to do a project like this for a startup cover band a buddy wanted me to join but it was just bad timing. I took film editing classes in high school and used to cut my own skate videos. Video editing has always been a hobby for me before my serious musician phase and doing both is pretty fun.

There's an art college around here with students that will record and mix you for a good price (so I hear) and the experience. A band I had recently played with used them often and I used plenty of the footage to learn their songs:

My DIY punk band made a music video in 2013. I had no part in the editing or recording of the audio or video other than performing:

Good stuff Bruce! I was going to do a project like this for a startup cover band a buddy wanted me to join but it was just bad timing. I took film editing classes in high school and used to cut my own skate videos. Video editing has always been a hobby for me before my serious musician phase and doing both is pretty fun.

There's an art college around here with students that will record and mix you for a good price (so I hear) and the experience. A band I had recently played with used them often and I used plenty of the footage to learn their songs:

My DIY punk band made a music video in 2013. I had no part in the editing or recording of the audio or video other than performing:

This punk video takes me back to headbangers ball MTV circa 1989 or so. We used to cut class on Monday and meet at my friends house because his mom had cable and the rest of us didn’t so he’d VHS it. Fun stuff!!

I could really use some eyes and ears on this and some harsh criticism if there’s any to be had. It’s my process. My good friend who has done pro level work beat the hell out of me over my first attempts and basically told me everything I’ve ever done in my life is garbage lol. I take this guy with a huge grain of salt. He’s like a big brother to me and after he got his foot out of my ass he gave me some good pointers. I implemented many of them here and think I’ve improved the product at least a little.

I tried to color the video, balanced it out so the reds dont hit so hard.
Re recorded all the guitars and vocals. Processed drums a little different to make them closer to the original. Maybe thats a bad thing though? I dont know. now this takes me a considerable amount of time and I cant hope to get a song done in under a week before I feel I can truly move on from it. I’m in the process now of going backwards and replacing vocals and guitars on what I already did. So, check it out. What can I do better here (besides lose 20 lbs and tame my Jew/Ginzfro)

I could really use some eyes and ears on this and some harsh criticism if there’s any to be had. It’s my process. My good friend who has done pro level work beat the hell out of me over my first attempts and basically told me everything I’ve ever done in my life is garbage lol. I take this guy with a huge grain of salt. He’s like a big brother to me and after he got his foot out of my ass he gave me some good pointers. I implemented many of them here and think I’ve improved the product at least a little.

Re recorded all the guitars and vocals. Processed drums a little different to make them closer to the original. Maybe thats a bad thing though? I dont know. now this takes me a considerable amount of time and I cant hope to get a song done in under a week before I feel I can truly move on from it. I’m in the process now of going backwards and replacing vocals and guitars on what I already did. So, check it out. What can I do better here (besides lose 20 lbs and tame my Jew/Ginzfro)

I can't quite hear the chorus guitars. (I even compared it to the OR, just to check my memory of how it sounds.) And I think I'd take some of that modulation off the verse guitar. Other than that, yeah, it's really good.

Last edited:
I can't quite here the chorus guitars. (I even compared it to the OR, just to check my memory of how it sounds.) And I think I'd take some of that modulation off the verse guitar. Other than that, yeah, it's really good.
Thanks. I kinda went apeshit with the flanger.

I’ll check it on some decent speakers later, slap myself in the face to get perturbed then write my reply to be as harsh as possible. :rofl

for good or for bad this is where I'm at. Someone wanted a 90 second hit ASAP so I had to throw this together. I'm getting 2 a day done it seems.

OUTSTANDING!! Not just the video quality, the performances. Top notch.

Back