Any Idea...

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
....why the same exact guitar would be listed on Reverb as both new and used? It's 2 different listings.

I thought they might be using the same pics, but it's a Majesty in one of the new colors, which for the most part, hardly any have been sold. Meaning- I think it's highly unlikely they actually have 2 examples of that same guitar. (Pretty soon vendors probably will though, the way they're stagnating.)

In fact, I don't think it's used at all. I think it's the same thing with that vendor that I tried to buy the Kaizen from a little while back, where they took a whole shitload of gear that they'd had for a long time, called it all "used", and threw a sale on all of it. They switched the word 'new' to 'mint' in every listing (you could tell that's how they did it), and put them in various categories of 26, 21, 16, & 11% off.

If anyone has a different idea, I'd love to hear it, but from what I'm seeing, nothing's selling. So I think this is their attempt at advertising what they'd be willing to discount it to, in a desperate attempt to make some sales, while getting around any agreement they have with the manufacturer.

What do you think?

Of the new Majesties that recently started shipping, (and this is just on Reverb, so there could very well be others), there are 10 Red Nebulas, 10 Blue Silks (the one I want, haha), 9 Gravity Greens, and 8 Blue Inks!! The Artic Aurora seems to stay down around 3-5 at any time, and the other red one, Amaranth, has only 1 listing for some reason. Maybe they haven't got a good deal yet on a large batch of the paint they need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not watching the 2 solid colors.

I feel if it's a new guitar, it should be only listed as such. 'Used' should only apply to gear that has had an actual owner(s).

In fact, I don't even like that Reverb has new listings. It's almost 2025, everyone has an online presence, so why add another middleman that the consumer has to pay? And to that end, I'd encourage anyone buying a new product, listed on any site other than the seller's own, to contact them directly. You'll get a better deal. Unless you feel Reverb's extra protection is worth it. I don't.

In fact, I don't even like that Reverb has new listings.

I like it a lot. Have had great luck finding dealers via Reverb who will sell for less than most folks advertise for new,
and with zero haggling, free shipping, a return window, and buyer protection.

Do you have links for the Majesty you noted?

Funny, I've never bought or sold anything through Reverb. I could be the only guitarist who hasn't? :rofl

Pro Audio Star - bought a couple things from them in the past without issue.
Have you asked them?

The real question is why are you looking at yet another Majesty guitar?

Season 2 Comedy GIF by Brockmire

The real question is why are you looking at yet another Majesty guitar?

Season 2 Comedy GIF by Brockmire
Haha. Well I just love 'em! But if you want the <cough cough> logical reason... the new blue one with the satin finish really appeals to me, especially on the neck. I'd also like to have a 7 at some point. But I can control myself, and take my time... ;)

Keep an eye on how they're selling, er, not selling, cuz I ain't tryin to pay 4 grand for one.

Haha. Well I just love 'em!

Why's it OK when someone owns a dozen LPs or Strats or PRS's? No one even bats an eye.

But go off the beaten trail a bit a folks start worrying. :rofl

This time next week I hope to have my 2nd Plini hanging out here, so :annoying

The Majesty I owned was a 2015 so it had the rev 1 electronics. Years after the warranty passed they out right died
and MM was so ridiculously cool about it. Not only replaced the entire assembly for free but also sent me the new
and improved version, including the new control back-plate - since the control pots positions had moved.

MM's king of kings around here! (y)

Guessing those are not the guitar pictured but same model/color. The "used" one was likely returned, not sure if it has the box/accessories though.

The "used" one was likely returned, not sure if it has the box/accessories though.

With dealers it's usually polished up floor models or B-stock.
The mint Majesty includes their full new 30-day return policy so that's probably the case.

Back