Any experience with Rivolta?

metropolis_4

Shredder
I’m really interested in these. On paper they look like exactly what I’ve been thinking I want - p90 and firebird pickups, Les Trem, 25” scale, 12” radius…

What are they like in person?

254C6B4D-A1ED-4667-BA33-0C81EDA6AC68.jpeg

E88CFB9D-FA43-419E-915B-61596175AFD4.jpeg

8A1CB12B-44AB-4847-A95F-E950C55F397B.jpeg

Isn't that the budget brand from the Novo guy?

:idk
I like their offsets, and have eyed a Rivolta in the past, but I am torn
between that and a Reverend Jetstream or Warhawk, which are sort
of cut from the same cloth.

That’s good to hear! How are the pickups? Also, how is the fretwork?

Pickups are pretty good. They tend to be on the thin side but that's sort of their appeal. Low output old school clean tone. Frets are solid. No complaints. Fretboards are a near flat 12" radius. Semi wide neck that's very comfortable.

Isn't that the budget brand from the Novo guy?

:idk
I like their offsets, and have eyed a Rivolta in the past, but I am torn
between that and a Reverend Jetstream or Warhawk, which are sort
of cut from the same cloth.

Yeah, Novo and Fano I think?

Pickups are pretty good. They tend to be on the thin side but that's sort of their appeal. Low output old school clean tone. Frets are solid. No complaints. Fretboards are a near flat 12" radius. Semi wide neck that's very comfortable.

That’s cool, that sounds like it’s geared towards what I like. Thanks!

Aren't they literally made in the same small Korean factory as Reverend is? If so, I've gotta imagine they're great. I've NEVER been disappointed by a Reverend.

Oh really? That’s cool, I didn’t know that. That makes me feel more confident about them

Solid but the electrics are generic budget and the thick plastic finish can look pretty cheap in person.

My Rivolta Sferata turned up today - it was still in tune after spending the last 6 days in a UPS facility at Stansted Airport, in having been shipped from the US last week.

Made in Korea by World MusicaI Instruments Co., it really is faultless!

PXL_20230208_164133863.PORTRAIT~2 (1).jpg

Not typically my cup o tea, but that's awesome!
Nor mine really, but I've been thinking about getting an offset for a while, and I just love the aesthetic of the Sferata.

Also Ben Crowe @ Crimson did a luthiers teardown of the Fano Psonicsphear a few months back and this is (sort of) it's spiritual successor!

Back