Andy Eagle ( Guitar repair tech for 30 years )

@Eagle Question...I recently scored a very nice AZ2204N Prestige. It's currently stock and I was curious about your take on the

Gotoh Bridge - T1702B. Is this as good as it gets or is there a direct replacement (upgrade) for it ? I'm not having any issues with

the bridge but I was just wondering. (( maybe leave well enough alone ?)) Thanks for your time....
It is a narrow spaced 510 with titanium saddles and a red bishop arm . Excellent bridge. You won’t find better,only different.

Say Andy @Eagle what your thoughts on this? looks Really nice

1711057280597.png

as always thank you for your time and valued Input
Cheers
Mike

It’s a good idea from a functional standpoint and standard equipment on Aristides with a trem. I personally prefer the tone of the regular steel hook . I was surprised that you can hear the difference acoustically and the best acoustic tone matters.
The simplicity and directness of a piece of bent steel and two big screws in to the body are still the best option imo. Also how often do you actually need to adjust it?

It’s a good idea from a functional standpoint and standard equipment on Aristides with a trem. I personally prefer the tone of the regular steel hook . I was surprised that you can hear the difference acoustically and the best acoustic tone matters.
The simplicity and directness of a piece of bent steel and two big screws in to the body are still the best option imo. Also how often do you actually need to adjust it?
Yes not often to adjust just looked like a fine piece of gear MiG quality is always fantastic, like MiJ Gotoh gear is simply amazing
Again thanks for your Input Andy Much appreciated

:beer

I own a ‘76 Byrdland. Plays great, but I want to lower the strings a tiny weeeeee bit…but…
The bridge is already at its lowest. In the past the foot of the bridge has been slimmed a bit already. I think a tech could take some more off to get the setup where I want it. (Truss works fine, neck is straight)

On the other hand…if a neck reset is inevitable anyway in the next 5 years…that option should be on the table.

Is it correct that with guitars like this the change of neck angle is a progressive proces?
Is there any way to predict its speed?…or might it be stable for 2 decades of the stars are right?
If I decide to go for a reset today…that could maybe be postponed for a decade…any additional risks on the table?
Pictures please.

Back