AMPED 3 about to be released

Jordon18

I've been following this very closely. As of 3/29/2023, blackstar updated their website for dealers to sign up for their course about this product for review. Hopefully just a few more weeks. The link below details all the new features. Can't wait to try it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230329_113020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329_113020_Chrome.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 58
@Jordon18 You said elsewhere that you already own the Amped 1 & Amped 2.

I'm curious as to what it is that excites you specifically about the Blackstar Amped line of amps versus say, a Quilter + a couple of drive pedals? Or one of the other solid state offerings out there?

I think you said that you're running your Headrush into this?

I think it's a combination of things. I like having an actual drive amp vs modeling straight from the headrush and have been able to get fuller tones with the amped 1. Once this releases, I think I'm gonna say goodbye to my headrush, as this is kind of the all encompassing answer to my gigging needs minus a few wet effects I want on the back end.

I'll see what I can make of it, but I'm just a slut for trying new gear and the amped line has been on my radar lately. I've also had my eye on the new 6l6 St. James amp and will probably try that in the future too.

Then you'll fit right in here! :rofl

Couple of the guys here have those amps already. I think @Stratzrus Has the 6L6 version and @AFKAEjay has the EL34 version.
yup, and like the amp! Main use is as a powered speaker for my preamploaded board / modeler. Not cause i don’t like the amps preamp…but simply cause I prefer to limit variables in my setup…and I use different (venue’s) amp options.
things to like about the amp: lightweight, cabsim, sounds good/in your face, mastervolume behind the return (for the “powered speaker option” very convinient.

since owning this amp, is see very little reason for solidstate amps/low watt amps…this is plenty light weight..and packed with 50w. Maybe ss pedalamps are the only ones left with a reason on this planet..if you play places where there’s a cab. If you bring a cab yourself..might as well be loaded with 50w lightweight tubes ;-)

since owning this amp, is see very little reason for solidstate amps/low watt amps

Having owned so many of the solid state pedalboard amps, I hear ya.

Already I'm wondering what the St. James would be like as a power amp for an FM9 🤔. Oh god I need to stop reading this stuff :facepalm

Last edited:
Having owned so many of the solid state pedalboard amps, I hear ya.

Already I'm wondering what the St. James would be like as a power amp for an FM9 🤔. Oh god oh god I need to stop reading this stuff :facepalm
It will be a good poweramp/speaker…nothing more, nothing less.
ive had it A/B next to using the return of a rebel30, Mesa express, 50w Engl poweramp into a v30 and/or wgs reaper.
All a bit different…but not earthmoving…all good.

consider it if the weight / cabsim are of value…else buy a 250,- unpopular but decent combo with a return to amp a modeler..plenty of those on the market…and as good as it gets

*UPDATE* Confirmed the AMPED 3 will be released next week on April 4th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_164158_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164158_Chrome.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20230329_113020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329_113020_Chrome.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20230330_164151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164151_Chrome.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230330_164145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164145_Chrome.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 55
Sounds ok though not much low end.

I’m weird, but I see something like this and just wish Strymon would drop in off the top ropes and release a Super IridiumTM

Last edited:
I had one for a couple of weeks and returned it. Wasn't bad but I just found it not all that powerful in a band rehearsal situation. I had to crank it to be heard and even that was a stretch.

Meanwhile, every product from every other manufacturer/brand is totally legit and awesome. :cop :crazy :rofl

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Back