All of My Guitars Sound So Different....

I am always telling people that trying to get an exact replica as a back up to their no 1 stage guitar is a waste of time. The sort of person that defaults to one instrument live is going to have a favourite and that WILL be no1 they end up with a £5k backup that they can’t wait to put down. The money would have been better spent on something unashamedly different . If you have just a small number of guitars ( 5/6) try and cover others ground because you can’t get two the same because they won’t be and you won’t play no2 if no1 is available.
Don't tell me :facepalm
2 J-Custom
3 Prestige
1 JS2450
1 JEM7V
1 JEM777
2 Suhrs
1 Tom Anderson
1 Charvel...

They could not replace my old and worn-out RG550LTD that is still my #1 since 1995

What could have I done with all the money, time and marital stress that I have wasted with these lower whims?

Oh God Panda GIF

I go in cycles, playing one or two guitars, then play different one or two for a month or so. At least all my guitars get use that way!

I've never been able to say "this, this is my favorite guitar type". I never thought I would like a Tele but I'm having a lot of fun with the KDC Barncaster I got. Otherwise I've got LP, Strat, Superstrat, hollowbody, semi-hollowbody, and headless guitars.

Even if Line6 was able to produce a Variax Mk2 that perfectly emulates all those guitars, I wouldn't want it because to me the different guitars as physical objects is what it's about - the way they look, how they feel different etc all inspire me to play different things.

My favourite changes all the time and this is fine. If you have a bunch of equally good instruments your favourite will be what ever your playing most of the time . BUT try putting it away and playing one of your others exclusively for a couple of weeks then when you go back you won't be so certain. Appreciate the differences .

Definitely don't have 2 that sound the same here. A couple of 'em sound like total ass though, looking at you PRS CU24 with 85/15 :clint

Haha! Dreamcatcher. :LOL:

Not yet. I am going to put one in the Bridge slot of one of the Charvels and get rid of
the Full Turd. :rofl
Do it!! Fantabulous pickup! The Rainmaker is good, too, I just don't use the neck that much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I may throw a Dreamcatcher in the CU24, I'm sure it'll sound different enough from the one in my Majesty. Or one of the 76 other Dimarzios. Can't make up my mind but would like to take advantage of the holiday 25% off sale!

Back