ADA MP-1 So Nice

I miss mine sometimes. I had the whole shebang set up at one point for a few years. MP-1, ADA stereo amp, dual alesis 31 band eq's dual ADA 2x12 vert cabs etc etc and the MPC controller. What I dont miss is hauling it all around
Ahhhh, my rack. One of my most crowning acheivements:

Samson Concert Series Wireless
ADA MP-1
Alesis Quadraverb
Vesta Fire Reverb
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Digitech MEQ DUAL 14
Marshall 8008 Power Amp
2 power conditioners

I'm sure I'm missing something, it was a 12 space rack, and filled.

was an instant buy for me. I don’t have a real one to compare with but it sounded great straight away.

going to borrow a real one off my amp tech in a couple of weeks and i’ll compare properly
Great video by @2112 on it:

And he also called out the Presence. You know, the presence:
C20BC706-7A10-4B57-BD0F-050580233CAE.jpeg

I still have my ADA MP-1 (and B200S, MC-1 foot controller, Alesis Quadraverb) that I bought in 1989.

It's the 1.38 version, no mods except I wired in the coin battery holder after the stock coin battery ran out of juice.

Loaded with "Chinese Silver Specials" 12AX7s I got from Lord Valve back in the day.

Aside from the Tube Distortion tone that everyone raves about, a lot of people don't realize just how killer the S.S. clean tone is:

Pic from 2018:

Rack 2018.jpg

I don't even remember when I sold mine! :) Like all the things I once had I wish I have it now!

I still use 2 MP-2s and run a Tube Works stereo Reverb in the fxs loop of one.

Don't know about the MP-1 but creating patches on the mp-2 is ez.

wasnt there a relay or something on these that breaks and cant be fixed?? i remember there was a reason why i never grabbed one

wasnt there a relay or something on these that breaks and cant be fixed?? i remember there was a reason why i never grabbed one
Uh, no. An MP1 rig was my main setup for years and hanging out on gear boards, etc, I've heard any kind of consistent issue related to relays.

Some had issues with flimsy 1/4" jacks (ADA used various jack setups throughout the device's life, IIRC). But those are dirt simple to replace for anyone who can solder.

The battery holder thing @LeftyLoungeLizard mentioned was one where people frequently tweaked them, too.

Uh, no. An MP1 rig was my main setup for years and hanging out on gear boards, etc, I've heard any kind of consistent issue related to relays.

Some had issues with flimsy 1/4" jacks (ADA used various jack setups throughout the device's life, IIRC). But those are dirt simple to replace for anyone who can solder.

The battery holder thing @LeftyLoungeLizard mentioned was one where people frequently tweaked them, too.

Uh, cool.

Back