a cover of a cover (hard to handle)...

andergtr

Roadie
this song has been done so many times, but i still love it, and i think the black crowes version is still my favorite.

here is a cover band thing i did with some friends doing our take of the black crowes' cover of an otis redding tune.

my friend jin jung did this rough mix. guitars by me. bass by brian duke song, drums by tim hwang, keys by liz man and vocals by my friend jeff washburn (who is also a fucking beast of a guitarist himself).

same rig as the other tunes i posted...tyler studio elite with a duncan JB trembucker in the bridge position (used just that one position). rhythm tones are the bogner ecstasy 100A on the blue channel (no boost) into a bogner straight 412 with V30s, close miked with a shure SM57 straight into pro tools. solo was the same amp but red channel with boost on (i think i ran the gain around 2:00 or so).

three small solos over the choruses, so a little self indulgent. :)

this song has been done so many times, but i still love it, and i think the black crowes version is still my favorite.

here is a cover band thing i did with some friends doing our take of the black crowes' cover of an otis redding tune.

my friend jin jung did this rough mix. guitars by me. bass by brian duke song, drums by tim hwang, keys by liz man and vocals by my friend jeff washburn (who is also a f*****g beast of a guitarist himself).

same rig as the other tunes i posted...tyler studio elite with a duncan JB trembucker in the bridge position (used just that one position). rhythm tones are the bogner ecstasy 100A on the blue channel (no boost) into a bogner straight 412 with V30s, close miked with a shure SM57 straight into pro tools. solo was the same amp but red channel with boost on (i think i ran the gain around 2:00 or so).

three small solos over the choruses, so a little self indulgent. :)

That was excellent dude!

Loved the tones and playing - the whole thing was great. (I love the song too). Also - reminds me of our other conversation of learning solos and whether people learn them “note-for-note” or not. I think this is a great example of note quite being note-for-note, but damn close, and certainly maintained the exact spirit and vibe of the solo. For solos like this, when you can hum it in your head it’s so familiar, you have to be close - and you nailed it.

That was excellent dude!

Loved the tones and playing - the whole thing was great. (I love the song too). Also - reminds me of our other conversation of learning solos and whether people learn them “note-for-note” or not. I think this is a great example of note quite being note-for-note, but damn close, and certainly maintained the exact spirit and vibe of the solo. For solos like this, when you can hum it in your head it’s so familiar, you have to be close - and you nailed it.
thanks man!

Back