5150 Iconic blew me away.

I took a used one home from GC, but it was making a really bad hum with my Stomp XL in 4cm, that I didn't want to figure out, so I took it back, but yeah, I was definitely enjoying the tones for sure. I would probably end up using it like a one channel amp though, as you can't footswitch from clean to crunch on channel one, and I would want to use both those tones.

Reactions: JT
If I didn't still have my gigantic fucking 5150 2x12 combo I'd be buying an Iconic head for sure

• Love
I took a used one home from GC, but it was making a really bad hum with my Stomp XL in 4cm, that I didn't want to figure out, so I took it back, but yeah, I was definitely enjoying the tones for sure. I would probably end up using it like a one channel amp though, as you can't footswitch from clean to crunch on channel one, and I would want to use both those tones.
The Mark was the same way. Cloned modes I didn't want to use on every channel but all the killer high gain modes stacked on one channel or another so you couldn't switch between them :mad:
If I didn't still have my gigantic fucking 5150 2x12 combo I'd be buying an Iconic head for sure
I Did Both Season 8 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

The Mark was the same way. Cloned modes I didn't want to use on every channel but all the killer high gain modes stacked on one channel or another so you couldn't switch between them :mad:

There is a real and legitimate reason why that is so, and it has to do with the inherent
topology of tube amplifiers that makes for both cascading gain stages and multiple channels.

You just can't have the same amount of cascading gain stages on Ch. 1 that you do
on Ch. 3. Not happening.

It's part of the tube amp design constriction of multi-channel amps. Channel 1 always
has the fewest gain stages. Ch. 2 has more gain stages. Ch. 3 has the most gain stages.

There is a real and legitimate reason why that is so, and it has to do with the inherent
topology of tube amplifiers that makes for both cascading gain stages and multiple channels.

You just can't have the same amount of cascading gain stages on Ch. 1 that you do
on Ch. 3. Not happening.

It's part of the tube amp design constriction of multi-channel amps. Channel 1 always
has the fewest gain stages. Ch. 2 has more gain stages. Ch. 3 has the most gain stages.
I get it from a design standpoint. But those are the sounds I want to switch between. Not 4 versions of Fat Light Crunch mode :oops: :wat:poop::hmm

It's funny, I'm not even using clean, in this band, nearly as much as I have in the past, (prolly like 5 songs out of 30 on a given night), but for some reason, I have "my" tones that I "need", and I can't escape them, lol.

If I could figure out the 4cm noise issue, I could just run a clean model in the chain for a snapshot, and bypass the Iconic's preamp's section, and voila!

It's funny, I'm not even using clean, in this band, nearly as much as I have in the past, (prolly like 5 songs out of 30 on a given night), but for some reason, I have "my" tones that I "need", and I can't escape them, lol.

If I could figure out the 4cm noise issue, I could just run a clean model in the chain for a snapshot, and bypass the Iconic's preamp's section, and voila!
Alternate suggestion: Drop the songs with clean parts. Problem solved!

Well dammit I didn't need to see or hear about this. Compact combo with a 10" speaker, two channels for clean and high gain, closed back, 1/4 power switch, jacks for the speaker so I could easily run it into my Torpedo Captor...

Well dammit I didn't need to see or hear about this. Compact combo with a 10" speaker, two channels for clean and high gain, closed back, 1/4 power switch, jacks for the speaker so I could easily run it into my Torpedo Captor...
Splurge on the 12" combo at least.

Back