2023 YouTube Reviewer Awards

Which YouTube Gear Reviewer Do You Trust?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree 100%. I even have ideas, but I lack the time or desire to do it :LOL:

Like this:

WHAZ UP GUYS! I JUST GOT THIS MAD FLANGER IN THE MAIL!! I CAN’T WAIT TO UNBOX IT FOR ALL OF YOU!!
WOW LOOK AT THIS AMAZING PURPLE COLOR (begins walking). ISN’T IT A PERFECT PEDAL?
LET’S PUT THIS PEDAL RIGHT WHERE IT BELONGS WITH OTHER FLANGERS
(Proceed to throw flanger in the trash. Stop. Zoom in on flanger in the trash. Cut!)

Haha! I have thought about it long and hard, too. It takes more time than I can, or am willing to, invest! It would
be utter madness and hilarity----and also piss some of the right people right the fuck off!! :LOL:

Or maybe riff on the fact that IR#1 in the Fractal units is a Pignose with a 57. I hate that every time I build a new preset and add the cab block this nonsense comes up first.

Do a completely deadpan serious video with a $40k rack of gear and a $10k guitar running through an old shitty pignose from the 90s. GLow about how amazing it sounds and you can’t get this sound from a Dumble.

that IR#1 in the Fractal units is a Pignose with a 57

I always imagined that they did that deliberately to make it obvious that you need to select an appropriate IR for whatever amp you've chosen. i.e. you'd hear that it didn't sound good.

I have no real information on this, though.

Or maybe riff on the fact that IR#1 in the Fractal units is a Pignose with a 57. I hate that every time I build a new preset and add the cab block this nonsense comes up first.

Do a completely deadpan serious video with a $40k rack of gear and a $10k guitar running through an old sh*tty pignose from the 90s. GLow about how amazing it sounds and you can’t get this sound from a Dumble.

Haha! It would be factually correct!

I always imagined that they did that deliberately to make it obvious that you need to select an appropriate IR for whatever amp you've chosen. i.e. you'd hear that it didn't sound good.

I have no real information on this, though.
Wouldn’t it be amazing though if they selected one for you based on the amp you chose? Cliff has this built into the speaker impedance section, why not the cab block?

Load up a Rectifier? 4x12 Mesa cab 57/121 blend as option #1
Load up a JCM800? Greenbacks
Etc,

I’m not complaining, I love the fractal gear and own a couple of their units, but this is one choice that always makes me laugh. Build a fantastic preset - wah, compression, drive, amp, 2290 delay, spacious reverb, multi comp… hey i forgot the cab block, first sound I make is with a pignose. It’s just comical and makes me laugh every time I accidentally fire up that IR.

Wouldn’t it be amazing though if they selected one for you based on the amp you chose? Cliff has this built into the speaker impedance section, why not the cab block?

Load up a Rectifier? 4x12 Mesa cab 57/121 blend as option #1
Load up a JCM800? Greenbacks
Etc,

I’m not complaining, I love the fractal gear and own a couple of their units, but this is one choice that always makes me laugh. Build a fantastic preset - wah, compression, drive, amp, 2290 delay, spacious reverb, multi comp… hey i forgot the cab block, first sound I make is with a pignose. It’s just comical and makes me laugh every time I accidentally fire up that IR.

Pretty sure Cliff dropped an hint about a total redo of the Cab Block, so who knows what might happen.

Also, there are too many IRs in the world. Some need to be put out of their misery.

I would also like the FM9 to yell at me anytime I miss a sweep or flub a note that I’m never going to be as good as John Petrucci. This should be amp specific. Like if I play on a JCM800 2203 it yells at me for not overusing wah and playing in key and I should be more like Slayer.

This should be in the next firmware update. Sass block.

Back