You ever find and load a really old patch of yours and...EUREKA!?!

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I turned it into 8 snap patch and it covers 80+ percent of any gig I will do. The GP-10 will do the rest as far as guitar goes. I was like where have you been all my life, and then remembered oh yeah I heavily modified this one off a patch I got from custom tone. Works great with my X2n loaded Fat Strat. Based off the Mark amps in Helix.

356211628_1323594751905626_4253881159181611895_n.jpg

All over the place for me. Sometimes I open up a preset I made yesterday with the same guitar and I'm like "what the actual fuck was I smoking yesterday? This sucks!". And sometimes I experience what you mentioned: You load a preset from youcantevenrememberwhen and it's like "What the actual fuck was I smoking then? This. Is. Amazing!".

Not with a preset/patch per se, but I did fire up my old ADA MP-1/Mesa Stereo 50/50 rig a while back and it sounded absolutely glorious. If not for the GAS making me always want a Tri Axis/2:90, and needing some great effects (really, my effects were pretty barren/crappy-sounding), I'd have stayed using that setup, and never found Fractal.

All over the place for me. Sometimes I open up a preset I made yesterday with the same guitar and I'm like "what the actual f**k was I smoking yesterday? This sucks!". And sometimes I experience what you mentioned: You load a preset from youcantevenrememberwhen and it's like "What the actual f**k was I smoking then? This. Is. Amazing!".

Yep I go through that too. I am getting ready to bring my Invader loaded guitar to my luthier/tech expert buddy cos it sounds thin now and it used to sound chunky and thick. No matter what patch or amp I play through, thin junk.

Not with a preset/patch per se, but I did fire up my old ADA MP-1/Mesa Stereo 50/50 rig a while back and it sounded absolutely glorious. If not for the GAS making me always want a Tri Axis/2:90, and needing some great effects (really, my effects were pretty barren/crappy-sounding), I'd have stayed using that setup, and never found Fractal.

I had a similar rig in the 90's.

I keep trying to convince myself that I could probably do most everything with an 8 snapshot patch like that, but my stubborn always used a pedalboard self just can’t let go of having instant access to various effects combinations.

I tried an old patch the other day, and had a similar “I probably could have just stayed here and used this” realization. But, what would be the fun in that….

D

All over the place for me. Sometimes I open up a preset I made yesterday with the same guitar and I'm like "what the actual f**k was I smoking yesterday? This sucks!". And sometimes I experience what you mentioned: You load a preset from youcantevenrememberwhen and it's like "What the actual f**k was I smoking then? This. Is. Amazing!".

Generally that’s my experience. Most of the high gain stuff I’m questioning the cab and mic choices I made and my general sanity at the time. Most clean to mid gain stuff though I’m pleasantly surprised a lot of times.

Generally that’s my experience. Most of the high gain stuff I’m questioning the cab and mic choices I made and my general sanity at the time. Most clean to mid gain stuff though I’m pleasantly surprised a lot of times.
And sometimes you fiddle with new amps, new cabs, new boosts, new drives, etc etc and after some time and upon revisiting it you are like "Sounds just like usual. I guess that is just how I sound". At least with high gain stuff.

I mean, it can still sound great or shit, but the overall "texture" of my tones seems to be consistent. That's why in the end I don't care that much for my sound. I sound kinda the same anyway. It just differs from good same or bad same.

Yup, as a matter of fact I just did that a couple of days ago.

I was still considering selling an old rack processor that I really haven't used with any regularity in years to raise some cash for a new purchase. I planned to throw a quick tone video of it together that I could include in my listing.

I wanted to use a few amp-in-box type pedals in front of it so I pulled up a patch I used several years ago when I was running it in the effects loop of a Tweaker 15 head. At the time I turned all of stuff in the processor's preamp section off so I could use the T15's drive tones with the processor's PEQ, detune, delay & reverb. I figured I would need to make some adjustments but it sounded perfectly fine as is so I didn't touch a thing.

I don't know how viable it is playing live but it sounds good enough for hacky Youtube videos like mine. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Last week I loaded a preset I was using with my last band and thought wow that sounds bad.

Back