You can pick one drummer to help you make your rock album

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Who you going with? Tough one for me but I think it'd be Stewart Copeland. From everything I have watched and read he's a fantastic person, to go along with arguably the greatest rock drummer alive today. My second choice would be Jason Finn of PUSA. I just love his style and creativity.

Who you going with? Tough one for me but I think it'd be Stewart Copeland. From everything I have watched and read he's a fantastic person, to go along with arguably the greatest rock drummer alive today. My second choice would be Jason Finn of PUSA. I just love his style and creativity.
Dude; your pick is my pick! One of the GOATs \m/

Man, I was geeking out on some old Police live footage the other day, I barely care about Sting or Summers, I dig the Police for Copeland’s playing primarily. I don’t even know what song it was but it went into a reggae-ish section while Copeland was doing this total jazz beat under it and it was f*cking perfect.

My answer to the OP is probably Josh Freese. Other known names I absolutely love but would prefer for specific things, but if I were doing a ‘rock’ album, I’d go with Freese. Outstanding groove and if there’s one dude who fully gets the foundation/supportive role of being a drummer it’s him.

Last edited:

Klark_Kent_-_Klark_Kent_UK_10_in_LP_cover.jpg

The vinyl was Kryptonite green. Love this album.

I like to play with drummers who sit in the pocket and play with power. Guys like Cozy Powell & Tony Thompson come to mind, but I'm sure there are others. I guess since this will never happen, it doesn't matter that I thought of 2 guys who aren't with us any longer.

Colaiuta or Grohl (depending on the style) would be my picks as well. But then, in case it wasn't all standard rock, I would happily go for Larnell Lewis or Jason Thomas (both best known from Snarky Puppy), too. I always prefer some funky bits, even if it's a rock-ish affair.

Rock album? Definitely Wolfgang Van Halen. :sofa

For real. I don't want no tired old farts with no tread on their tires. :LOL:

And if I did have to pick an old fart with no tread it would probably be Phil Collins. :idk

I wouldn't want "just a drummer" either.

Rock album? Definitely Wolfgang Van Halen. :sofa

For real. I don't want no tired old farts with no tread on their tires. :LOL:

And if I did have to pick an old fart with no tread it would probably be Phil Collins. :idk

I wouldn't want "just a drummer" either.
With the stipulation that he cannot impart ANY Foo Fighters influence on the material; absolutely yes.

Back